PDA

View Full Version : Funny running Audi a3

leelee
27-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi all, Can anyone help me with this. Audi a3 , 2000, petrol, 1.6. When i start its ok and idols fine. As i pull away it seems to slightly misfire from about 2500 revs up the 3500 revs in all gears, but mainly second and third. rev below that or above and it seems to clear. Changed the plugs, and noticed a dent in the metal casing to the ht lead. Looks like some one had trouble removing it at some point. Could this cause it. Any suggestions please, before my misses ends up being sick all over the dash board. cheers lee

revo_20vt
28-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Could be the MAF mate, have you had that looked at?:naughty:

leelee
28-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Could be the MAF mate, have you had that looked at?:naughty:

Thanks for your reply revo,
I did spray some cleaner into the inlet pipe a few days ago but didnt help. Is the maf the small block on the main inlet pipe next to the airfilter with a cable connected to it. How do you check it, can it be cleaned or should it be replaced. or am i talking about the completely wrong part.
:confused::D

cheers mate

revo_20vt
31-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Hello mate, yeah its a blackbox on the airbox, to be honest with you it is quite a common problem with audi's especially on 1.6 engines, have a look at this link and see if it helps, if not i would suggest getting a new MAF.:D

http://www.wak-tt.com/mafclean/mafclean.htm

leelee
31-03-2008, 03:17 PM
nice one revo,
i will give it a go:biglaugh::arms::arms:

leelee
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
hello mate,

new maf, coil pack, plugs and leads. still running bad. I have now come to a brick wall. any other suggestions me old mate,

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

revo_20vt
04-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Hello mate,

Thats a bit of an **** then, have u had it plugged in to a diagnostic machine yet? Has the engine managment light come on or not? If u havn't had it plugged in yet that is your next best bet, the only other thing im thinking is a faulty ECU but then I would have thought the engine management light would b on????:eek:

maxlbrown
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
check your vacuum pipes generllay small diametre cloth covered or rubber around the inlet manifold look for splits etc also the idler valve could be going south.

These have been known to deteriorate over time.

Just a couple of other things to check

M

joetyler
09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
i have a a.6 a3 1999 and mine does a similar thing, took it back to the garage i got it from and they said it was the inlet manifold, this was replaced but still hasnt fixed the problem so its going back in, will post whether it gets sorted or not and what the problem finally was in the next week or so