PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4, Built in Phone Kit instructions? (Nokia 6230I)

Croniee
27-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Hello All

I'm new to Audi A4's and need some help getting the built-in Car kit to work.

if i connect my phone and hit the butting on the stering wheel and say "help" i get a list off commands... "Enter pin", "Call number" and others.

If i say "List Contacts" i can hear a list of contact from the old owner...!!!

Can some one please help me with the phone setup...!!! a copy of the Manual would be a grate help...!!!

thanks

Croniee

El Guapo
29-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi, what you are hearing are the numbers stored on the cars memory from the previous owner. To correct this just press the button on the steering wheel and then say delete phonebook. You will asked for confirmation on this. Once cleared you can then add your own numbers or just use them off the sim in your phone. You should be able to scroll through the sim via the steering wheel. I have added my most used numbers to the car so that i can talk to the car and call someone. If you press the button on the steering wheel and say nothing and just wait you will be given a list of possible replies you can use. Let me know how it goes ok.

:beerchug:

shaziman
30-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi, what you are hearing are the numbers stored on the cars memory from the previous owner. To correct this just press the button on the steering wheel and then say delete phonebook. You will asked for confirmation on this. Once cleared you can then add your own numbers or just use them off the sim in your phone. You should be able to scroll through the sim via the steering wheel. I have added my most used numbers to the car so that i can talk to the car and call someone. If you press the button on the steering wheel and say nothing and just wait you will be given a list of possible replies you can use. Let me know how it goes ok.

:beerchug:

That should work, do you have MMI or the std symphony unit?

El Guapo
31-03-2008, 05:58 PM
That should work, do you have MMI or the std symphony unit?

I have the MMI.