PDA

View Full Version : 2000 model Polo starting problems

Mr S.A.
27-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I just recently bought a 1.4 polo and it has now started giving problems with starting.
When the car is cold it starts fine, but as soon as i drive it for a while and stop and try start it again it will not start.
The engine turns and the car starts to go but then cuts out and i can then smell petrol in the car.
If i try start the car a couple of times i smell something burning, kind of like an electrical burning smell.
If i leave the car standing for about 20 to 30 minutes and the engine has cooled down, the car starts fine.
Could this be an electrical fault, automatic choke fault or a fuel filter fault or i have no more ideas...

Took it for a service and was told it has no problems, but is still doing the same thing,
not starting after drivinghttp://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Please help
Will realy appreciate it.
Thanks

Mr S.A.
27-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey all thanks for the tips, not
I have found out what my cars problem is.
When the car is cold the key with built in emobiliser aligns with the ignition perfectly, but when it is warm it breaks alignment.
I had to move the key up and down, side to side to get the alignment right and then it starts okay.

It's amazing how easy your head gets wrecked when the problem is not known.
Thanks
Mr S.A.:beerchug: