PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering?

gerryandstink
25-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi,i have just got a Hreg Clipper and want to get power steering fitted in it, i have no mechanical know how so am just needing to know if it is possible and if so where can i get it done.:1zhelp:

TWVB
26-03-2008, 10:14 PM
its possible but if you have no mechanical know how its going to cost too much

hazhammy
04-05-2008, 09:58 PM
hi
i have a similar question
i am thinking of getting a mk1 gti and i would like to fit power steering is it poss and if so what car would i need as a donor
i know my way around the mk 1s as have had them in past

Borab0y
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
TSR used to do a power steering kit but it was / is expensive.
Have a look on the caddy forum some of them have done a conversion using a clio rack IIRC.

dandam
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I heard that the TSR kit was a bit of a mix of other car parts from various manufacturers (such as the rack being from a Nissan Bluebird), never heard of anyone else bothering to make one - I guess everyone worried more about extra power or different wheels :D

crosstownk
16-05-2008, 11:39 PM
As stated - it's gonna cost a few quid and is probably not practical if you are not in a position to do it yourself.

pbta2
08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
As stated - it's gonna cost a few quid and is probably not practical if you are not in a position to do it yourself.
:confused:
Hi I have a very similar question but I will have the use of a doner with power steering intact I have a 1995 T4 petrol with no power steering I can also get my hands on a T4 with power steering pump, belts, (alternator etc) will they be the same on the diesel as the petrol but in different position?. My brother in law would be willing do the conversion and I can re mount (weld)brackets if needed for the reservoire does any one know if the racks are different ?
Regards
Paul GB
Passat and Touran replaced
Now have a lovely T4 camper but heavy steering!!!:biglaugh: