PDA

View Full Version : new kid on the block

fridgemagnet
25-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Hello all, Just purchased a gorgeous scirocco and would like to pick your brains regarding mods and such that can be recomended. Also, will a mark 2 golf sunroof fit my scirocco?I'm after one if anybody knows of one for sale. I'm loving the car, i live on the island of jersey and there are only half a dozen still around. Anyway i'm off to ogle some of the cars in the gallery:beerchug:

MalcQV
26-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Welcome :bigok:

neil w
26-03-2008, 01:50 AM
I've had seven or eight of them, i don't think the sunroof will fit due to the curvature of the roof but as for mods.
If it's an injection you need an K&N panel filter and a decent exhaust system (I always used twin oval tail pipe Jetex system)
As for wheel do not go above 15", the best I found were 6 1/2 J 15 Seat ibiza Gti wheels with Toyo 195/50 vr 15 tyres
For suspension they respond well to Poly bushes in front and rear along with either Bilstein or Koni shocks with 30mm lowered eibach springs. Plus if you can get one a 16v Scirocco lower front suspension brace.
The brakes will never be the best in the world but a modified cross linkage combined with decent front discs and pads and either larger rear golf Mk3 drums or a rear disc conversion and they're fine.
A good mod is to replace the engine bottom end with a 2.0l AGG engine from a late 8v mk3 golf or seat. One of mine had a GTI engineering 1900 conversion and ported head which was a flier.
I still maintain that my last scala injection was faster from a to b on back roads than either my Ibiza cupra or my 2.0l 16v corrado because of the superb handling , a proper drivers car.

fridgemagnet
26-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome Malcqv and mod advice NeilW. I will start with the air filter and pipe and get to the suspension and brakes later. As for the sunroof I shall have to keep looking, mine will open but it wont shut and all the gubbins appear to be mashed due to the meddling of a previous owner.

Living in Jersey has its benefits but the drawbacks are that there is only one breakers yard and its a hit and miss affair at the best of times, and I am legally allowed to drive at a max speed of 40mph, so its off to France this summer to stretch the cars legs.

I have found a garage that sells performance pipes so I will try to see if I can order the one you recomended.

Cheers again

Robin K-S
27-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi there
For a good brake upgrade go for the Audi conversion, see my earlier thread

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6306&highlight=scirocco+brakes

I've got this on my Scirocco track car & they stop wonderfully. What ever you do don't buy an Ashley pipe and an Ashley 4 branch manifold, I did and had to cut bits out everywhere to get it to fit, which is just what you expect.

Ebay's good for bits, my whole brake setup came from there.

Good luck
Robin