PDA

View Full Version : cannot start abk audi 100 2'0 injection

Irongrill
25-03-2008, 03:40 PM
idle speed started to run at 1200rpm, started suddenly from start, and now will not start apart from initial fire up after plugs have been dryed out, good spark and timing spot on, seems to be getting to much fuel and flooding mixture to rich, any clues to where to start fault finding? or what may cause to much fuel getting to cylinders, or may be something else entirley, something is killing the start! cheers thanks

transeuro98
26-03-2008, 06:52 PM
hi its worth trying the wires going to the ISV this is within the air filter box it can be sort of cleaned out its a cow to get out I softened the rubbers with hot water. well worth a look unusual to create a non start though hope this helps mine only been cleaned out once in 190k

Irongrill
01-04-2008, 05:49 PM
found the vault!!! someone thought it mind need a drink and tipped 1/2 a litre of vodka in to tank , teach me not to lock the car, so cleaned out system , and what do you know, it runs better than it did befor, must have some type of cleaning action in the vodka, found vodka bottle in the hedge still some in it, gave me a clue, vodka must be heavier than petrol and only went on short journey, day befor it would not start