PDA

View Full Version : Sub uprgade

scottsard32
25-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is possible to upgrade the sub in an audi a3 54 and also use the standard amp? If not is it possible to use the existing cabling etc?

Any help appreciated

Cheerio

hc_TK
31-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is possible to upgrade the sub in an audi a3 54 and also use the standard amp? If not is it possible to use the existing cabling etc?

Any help appreciated

Cheerio
it wont be worth the effort, becous the original subamp is crap. It wont manage to controll a desent subb. and i dont think the cd-player have any pre outs, so any sub with integrated amp wont work unless you upgrade the headunit

Robbycroft
31-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I asked a similar question mate, got no response as yet.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31993&highlight=shutting+down

I think if you upgrade the sub it's bound to sound a bit better at least, even with the crappy amp.

I'm going to upgrade all the speakers in my car but keep the original wires and crappy amp. I have a new head unit and a seperate sub/amp too.

I can't be arrissed rewiring the whole thing, mine doesn't sound tooo bad as it is, i just want to either disable to sub box but not the rear speakers or get a better sub if i can't.

hc_TK
01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
its not worth the money if you dont upgrade the wires etc, IMO...
There is so many weak links that wont go away if you buy some new speakers! it will probably sound better but stil, you wont use the potential of what youve just bought. To change the speakers you still have to remove the doorpanels, etc soo why not put in some new wires to? you wont regret it!

Robbycroft
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Well the door speakers and tweeters i'll buy at a later date, what i really want to know is how you disable the sub but not the rears.