PDA

View Full Version : A3 something's leaking (damaged condensor)???

SmirnoffBlu
01-12-2006, 04:40 PM
:1zhelp:

Hi,

Newbie so any help or advice would be great.

I think ive damaged my condensor on my 2002 audi a3 tdi. Theres oil (or something similar coming from a radiator located underneath the car, near the drivers door?

I think its the air con condensor????

Does anyone know or can give me advice on how i would go about replacing it. Im quite competant just need a bit of a steer.

Cheers :1zhelp:

Pitty the fool
16-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Hi

It might be nothing to worry about as if there is humidity then water will leak from around the condensor unit due to the temperature difference between that and the outside air.

It is quite common on cars with air con so before you go spending lots of money trying to fix a none existant problem check it out.

Jon

RickT
23-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Pitty the Fool - thats more than right... my B6 drops loads of condensation following any drive more than 15mins...

one thing to test if your unsure.... (do at your own risk!!) dip you figner in it... if its clear is not oil/ATS/PSF... smell it... if its not petrol, it is water or coolent.... taste it.... if its ok.. its condenstion from the A/C... if its bitter and not good.. its coolent..

(ps... dont go drinking loads of the coolent if you like the taste as its not too good for you!!(maybe add a mixer like a diet coke??)) ... have a drink ready to get rid of the taste!! LOL!!

as i said... do at your own risk!!

Cheers

RickT

Pitty the fool
10-01-2007, 02:28 AM
LMAO sounds funny but its a quick easy and maybe potentially deadly way of finding a car fault ive done it for years i find unleaded better than the other fuels personally lol.

Have you found any problem yet??

Jon

RickT
11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
lol.... its works every time...!! simple....

RickT