PDA

View Full Version : S-Line - build date

AUDI-NUT
25-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyone out there that has ordered the S-line have a build date yet?

Audi Nick
25-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I ordered my SE on the 12th Feb and still have no build date. If I changed to the S Line which I am considering, will I ever get one?

Satch
25-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Here's your car.

AUDI-NUT
25-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Here's your car.

Ha - very good, not long now then.....................

gilesw08
25-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I had a voicemail on my mobile today from my dealer saying he has 'good news' for me. Im hoping it will be a build date on my s line. Fingers crossed....Will let you know tomorrow when I get back to him.

AUDI-NUT
25-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I ordered my SE on the 12th Feb and still have no build date. If I changed to the S Line which I am considering, will I ever get one?

I actually ordered my S-Line in November last year.......been promised by Audi UK that I will be one of the first to take delivery of the S-Line.......ermmm, I wonder.

AUDI-NUT
25-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I had a voicemail on my mobile today from my dealer saying he has 'good news' for me. Im hoping it will be a build date on my s line. Fingers crossed....Will let you know tomorrow when I get back to him.

Thanks, would be interested in hearing what they have got to tell you.

When did you order your out of interest.

Satch
26-03-2008, 12:17 AM
I have copied this from a document from Audi marketing, it's on a pdf but too big to post. They are saying that S line orders can only be taken from March onwards.

Audi A4 S line Introduction

To:
Audi Centre Network

Product Marketing
Sub-title/reference: PU-1321

Contact for all enquiries: Product Marketing
Publication date: November 20th 2007

Tel. number: 01908 601100
Action required:

We have great pleasure in announcing the specification of the A4 S line model along with
pricing and preliminary timing information.

Positioning

The S line trim takes the already sporty character of the new A4 and adds items to further enhance
the vehicle.

The S line trim is based on the SE model providing a progressive specification walk from Standard
to SE through to S line. This is different to the outgoing A4 model where the customer had the
choice of either progressing from Standard to SE or Standard to S line.

Product

Exterior Differentiation
18” Wheels
Text Box: S line Bumper

Interior Differentiation

Text Box: 3 Spoke S line sports steering wheel (paddle shift for auto models)S line Rear
diffuserChrome
rolled
exhaust
A4 S line also features two optional paint colours : Monza Silver (U7) and Misano Red (N9).

Both of these colours are charged at the regular £550 RRP metallic paint charge.

As communicated in the Production and Supply Bulletin, ordering for Xenon headlights with LED
daytime running lights has been removed from SE models as of the close of business on Monday
19th November.

Pricing

The S line model is available on all engine derivatives at a premium of £2,500 RRP over the SE
price.

Availability

The S line models are planned to begin production in April 2008.

Ordering will not open until March 2008. Any customer orders you have can not be placed until
then and therefore will not count towards the 66% order bank element of the Q1 Order take
Incentive.

A separate communication will be sent nearer the time to inform you when A4 S line will be
released for ordering.

HotChip
26-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Ordered my new S-Line this week. Nothing too fancy.... 2.0 TDi in meteor grey, cruise control, milano leather seats, rear airbags.

The dealer has today given me an approximate build date of week 18, so I should be in possession by the end of May.

Can't wait :biglaugh:

gilesw08
26-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Spoke to my dealer today. My S Line is scheduled for build week 15, and I should have the car in my possession first week of May. Hopefully just in time for the bank holiday. :D
....apparently its coming with rear parking sensors too!!

Incidently I ordered mine on 1st March.

cl0nd0n
27-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Guys

Newbiw here but been reading the B8 sectionw ith interest!

I was told that the first possible date my S Line could be ordered on Audi's systems was 3rd March 08. On 3rd March 08 my dealer then said this had been delayed until the 10th March.

Be interested to knwo if any of you guys got your orders placed prior to then!

I still have no build date and I am chasing the dealer! Hopefully hear something soon!

Good news about yours gilesw08! I will be impressed if it's here by Wk1 May with sensors! May give us all some hope!

Chris

Satch
27-03-2008, 07:04 PM
This is what I have seen elsewhere, from Audi marketing. Not saying it's accurate.

Availability

The S line models are planned to begin production in April 2008.

Ordering will not open until March 2008. Any customer orders you have can not be placed until
then and therefore will not count towards the 66% order bank element of the Q1 Order take
Incentive.

A separate communication will be sent nearer the time to inform you when A4 S line will be
released for ordering.

cl0nd0n
28-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I thought I would try and get us some clarification on a few points raised in this thread. Namely when we can expect build week, what's the deal with the B&O offer and exactly what is happening with the sensors!

This has come straight from the Business Development Manager at Audi!

Not sure if this helps or not? I mentioned that a chap on here had a build week and was getting the sensors? The mystery continues!

The S Line models are not due to be scheduled until April, so I’m not sure how a confirmed week build has been allocated to that chaps car?
Parking sensors would not be coming on that car, he might have upgraded to the Advanced parking system, or the dealer may be retrofitting, but they won’t be coming from the factory with rear sensors.

The B+O offer was only to customers who already have Audi’s, registration documents have to be provided to prove ownership.

gilesw08
28-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I have taken this up with my dealer, who laughed.

I'm not the only one who has had their build date confirmed. The S Line starts production in April. Mine is scheduled to be built the 2nd week of April, so it makes sense really.

As for parking sensors, I ordered mine february 26th, before this whole parking sensor business started. apparently that makes a difference. In a nutshell, he has confirmed that my car will have them fitted.

Your post just highlights how inept audi 'customer service' is.just completely disjointed. Its impossible to know who to believe.

cl0nd0n
29-03-2008, 12:07 AM
I have taken this up with my dealer, who laughed.

I'm not the only one who has had their build date confirmed. The S Line starts production in April. Mine is scheduled to be built the 2nd week of April, so it makes sense really.

As for parking sensors, I ordered mine february 26th, before this whole parking sensor business started. apparently that makes a difference. In a nutshell, he has confirmed that my car will have them fitted.

Your post just highlights how inept audi 'customer service' is.just completely disjointed. Its impossible to know who to believe.

My thoughts exactly! Looks like I am gettign told a completly different story!

I ordered on March 3rd and they are telling me there is no buidl date! Useless!

AUDI-NUT
29-03-2008, 06:00 PM
My thoughts exactly! Looks like I am gettign told a completly different story!

I ordered on March 3rd and they are telling me there is no buidl date! Useless!

I spoke to my Audi dealer yesterday and he has assured me that my S-Line will be built and ready for delivery by the of April. But he also said that there are no actual build actual build dates available...sounds like a crock to me but I have asked on numerous occassions and keep getting the same answer.

I have also asked about the rear sensors and he has told me not to worry but again I just dont feel comfortable with what these guys are telling me, once they have your deposit they just treat you as a second rate customer and concerntrate on fishing in other buyers. I suppose they are just car salesman and their reputations go before them.........we will see.

Satch
29-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I spoke to my Audi dealer yesterday and he has assured me that my S-Line will be built and ready for delivery by the of April. But he also said that there are no actual build actual build dates available...sounds like a crock to me but I have asked on numerous occassions and keep getting the same answer.

I have also asked about the rear sensors and he has told me not to worry but again I just dont feel comfortable with what these guys are telling me, once they have your deposit they just treat you as a second rate customer and concerntrate on fishing in other buyers. I suppose they are just car salesman and their reputations go before them.........we will see.

It sounds like the sales guy could be buying himself some time, at the end of April approaches the excuses could start.

I hope they don't and you get it on time with sensors.

gilesw08
29-03-2008, 10:03 PM
It sounds like the sales guy could be buying himself some time, at the end of April approaches the excuses could start.

I hope they don't and you get it on time with sensors.

Your sales guy sounds a lot like my sales guy!!! All I can say is that if my car does turn up without sensors then I will be intent on making his day a whole lot worse!!! :D

I'm hopeful it will be ready for the first week of May though. I cant understand why he would call me up and tell me this if it wasn't going to happen. I wasn't even pestering him for a build date in the first place.

davidhillman
06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys
I took a test drive yesterday in a 2.0tdi Se and although i was impressed with the looks and the new Engine i came away feeling that Audi have gone down a step in the quality of the trim around the dash. I currently own a 2.0 Tfsi Sline Quattro which is just 3 years old now and before that had the A4 1.9tdi SE and these seem a lot better build quality on the plastics than the new one. Its a shame because the look of the car is amazing. I'm thinking of going for the S-Line with sat Nav Phoneprep B & O, So dealer worked out a cost and it came to £31500 Yet it appears i can get this through Motorlogix for around £27600. This is a hell of a difference and like many have said the sales guy said no discounts on the S-line.
So i really dont know what to do now. Ive always been an Audi fan and have owned them for the past 7 years but with prices this high, Trim i believe that has gone backwards and the problems people are having with Parking sensors i think ill keep mine another year. Oh and one more thing Motorlogix quoted last week delivery time of 10 - 14 Weeks now its 20 - 24 Weeks

Audi Nick
06-04-2008, 01:30 PM
My experience is that Motologix are no better than any other dealer in that they will tell you anything to get the deal. I would be very surprised if they can get you a car any quicker than a main dealer and if you think about it, why would a dealer move heaven and earth for a discounted sale if they have a shed load of punters willing to part with the full RRP?

I agree with the comments about the quality of the internal trim, it may not feel so solid, but if it lasts then so what?

davidhillman
06-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes i agree nick. Im a bit suspect about going through internet dealers and have always gone through local dealerships, but it is a big difference in price mate.
Its probably me being a bit picky with the trim but you come to expect top notch quality with Audi's and just seems they have missed the mark with it and also just seems for £31500 a tad no much for a 2.0tdi, Considering for £1500 more you can get the new Xf or even a le mans A6 3.0 tdi a few months old for a tad more.
I will stick with Audi though may look at an A6 6 months old

Audi Nick
06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I agree with everything you have said Dave and certainly you should get a good deal on a six month old A6. Having bought a six month old car in the past I found that when it came to selling/trading it in I lost out a little as it was 2nd hand rather than new.

There is also the issue of add ons and certainly Audi like all German manufacturers know how to skin you alive for those.

My A4 is costing me more than my current A6 would you believe and you certainly don't have to try very hard to find your A4 costing £40k.

I love my A6, it is comfortable and reliable and has loads of presence. However, its depreciation is painful and this government is determined to put us all in smaller cars. I have traded down in an attempt to restrict my losses and it appears that I stuck a deal at the right time. You of course have to do your own figures, but I recommend the A6 to everyone. Who knows when I get my A4 in early May I will recommend that too!

davidhillman
06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
What model A6 you got Nick. I took a test drive in a 3.0Tdi Quattro Sline le mans a few months back and i loved it. Until that is i asked how much it was and was told £36000. Im lothed to look at BMW but there prices at the moment seem very attractive compared to the A6. Looked today at a 5 months old 520d auto M Sport with 3000 miles on the clock for £26890, Id like the TT being as im hitting the mid life crisis age but the wifes put her foot down :-( lol

Audi Nick
06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Dave, I bought the 2.7 Tdi with an auto box. Sat Nav etc was extra so it turned out to be an expensive car although I did get a good discount.

The 3.0 is better still and if diesel was not so expensive and I did not do 35k miles a year in my own car, then I might be tempted.

I had a BMW (well 3 actually) in the past and I must confess that I would never buy one again. Its not that the cars were bad, I just don't like the dealers. Call me old fashioned but I like to be treated the same whether I drive an A6, A4 or any car come to think of it. My experience at BMW was that the more expensive the car, the better the service.

I want the new A5 convertible when it comes out and maybe that's what I will get in 2 or 3 years time. My experience inordering the A4 SE and not getting Xenon's has put me off getting the first of a new model for life. I think I will wait for 12 months until the new rag top is established, the extras become standard and the new engines are launched.

BMW, never heard of them. Cheers :beerchug:

davidhillman
07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Yes i must admit although the BMW prices seem good i just cannot drag myself away from Audi. I think i may wait a while longer until Audi sort out the backlog and issues with the A4 then get one then. A5 looks awesome Nick and the 3.0 Diesel is fantastic. I took the S5 for a spin then the 3.0 Diesel and i prefered the diesel, and according to the saleswoman this one sold more than the S5, saying that it was nearly £10000 cheaper and i felt matched the S5 for pace especially with the torque.
I have looked into 2nd hand ones of these but the holding there price.

Samurai1466
12-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Just an update... I ordered my S Line model on the 10th March and don't have a build date yet. I spoke with my local Audi Dealer rep yesterday and he said that the S Line model is being built at 'almost' full productivity so hopefully I should get a build date soon. Let's hope so! :aargh4:

gilesw08
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
similarly I received an update yesterday. Mine is now awaiting shipping. Dealer reckons I'll be in my car by the end of the month. Cant wait now. If it does turn out to be true, I'll certainly take my hat off to Audi.

Samurai1466
12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
When did you order your S Line Giles?

cl0nd0n
12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Got an update from m dealer today!

My order was placed on the first date it could go on the system for S-lines which was 10th March as Audi delayed it a week from 3rd March.

The date I have been given is build week 20. Anyone know when that is?

Dealer said to exect delivery 1st week of June but maybe last week of May if I am lucky!

Anyone else got a date yet?

gilesw08
12-04-2008, 11:01 PM
When did you order your S Line Giles?

26th Feb, so in all that will be 9 or 10 weeks.

cl0nd0n
13-04-2008, 09:34 AM
26th Feb, so in all that will be 9 or 10 weeks.

Guys. Did anyone else get told about the order date for the S-lines?

I saw with my own eyes an internal from Audi wiht the S-line spec etc on it before the brochures etc came out. I was looking at this around the 26th Fab but it clearly said that orders for S-lines would start as of 3rd March.

I actually left my order & deposit etc wiht the dealer by about 27th Feb. On 3rd March dealer rang to say that Audi had delayed the ordering process for S-lines by a week to the 10th but it owuld not affect delivery dates!

So how come Giles was able to have his order placed on 26th Feb & now has a car awaiting shipping? In it by the end of the Month? That would be 5-6 weeks before the dealer expects me to be in mine and I ordered on first day possible apparently!

So somewhere along the line there are dealers telling some of us a total load of BULL!

gilesw08
13-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Judging by some of the other posts you read around here, I don't think there are any logical reasons why some people will get there car before others.

Perhaps I should have chosen to phrase it differently. I paid my deposit on 26th feb but obviously it didnt actually get 'ordered' as such until beginning of March.

Perhaps it has a lot to do with the spec you choose, and the number of options. More options might mean longer wait???

cl0nd0n
13-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Judging by some of the other posts you read around here, I don't think there are any logical reasons why some people will get there car before others.

Perhaps I should have chosen to phrase it differently. I paid my deposit on 26th feb but obviously it didnt actually get 'ordered' as such until beginning of March.

Perhaps it has a lot to do with the spec you choose, and the number of options. More options might mean longer wait???

Well I think your dealer's info is preferable to mine so I am going to keep fingers crossed that yours is right! May mean I get mine at a similar time to you!

Hopefully options don't make much difference as they are just added on the line as the car trundles through the factory!

I have only gone for folding mirrors, half alcantara, 19" rims and obviously the s-line pack!

Fingers crossed eh!

mkc
14-04-2008, 09:18 AM
My order will be going in the next two week. What are the chances of a getting a standard S Line in August? Thats a whole 4 months, 17-18 weeks. Surely that will happen!?

davidhillman
15-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Guys

What discounts are people having on S-line, Best i can get from dealer at the mo is 5%, Motorlogix coming in about 9 - 10% but im apprehensive about using them

Gibbo123
15-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi. I have been able to get an 8% discount off an S-Line 2.0D from my local dealer. Not quite as good as Motorlogix but with the benefit of face-to-face contact with the dealer.

Moodshadow
17-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi Guys,

All Motorlogix do is act as a go between between the buyer and an Audi dealer - they get a discount as they push all their business through one dealer. So it shouldn't be any different than dealing direct, although it may not be the dealer down the road.

A lot of the dealers are saying no discount but if you wait til the end of the month they will phone you back. You just have to hold out for them to call you....

alexcf
18-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Moonshadow, got a delivery date yet? :(

Still waiting for news on my S-line.

gilesw08
18-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I spoke to my dealer on Monday just gone and he confirmed that my car had been built (1.8 s line) and that it was on a boat to blighty.

I just dont get it, and not that I dont trust him, but by his reckoning if I receive it by the end of april, that will be just 9 weeks since I ordered it. How on earth can order times differ so dramatically??? I mean there are some people on here who have been quoted 5 months!

....not that I;m complaining.....

pauldoherty
19-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Guys - I have been keeping an eye on these pages for the last month or so, eagerly awaiting delivery of my A4 and looking forward to my first Audi. I think that there have been alot of schoolboy errors by Audi in the launch program but I cannot wait for mine to arrive!

Mine is a standard SE phantom black (I know, I've driven a black car for the last 10 years - mint when clean, ordinary when dirty half an hour later!) and I was given a delivery date by Lloyds Autolease of the 25th April, but unfortunately this was put back to 19th May. I really cannot see a pattern for the build dates and consequently the delivery dates and that is the frustrating thing. My car was ordered back in January and I fully expect further delays. Surely Audi should have had a huge stock of cars built prior to the launch date?

steve1234
22-04-2008, 02:49 PM
My s-line was scheduled build week 15 so is now on it's way to good old blighty!!! Be very interested to here if you really do get rear parking sensors as they dropped the option the day before s-line ordering started. My local dealer will retro fit the audi kit so maybe you would never know!!!

Looking forward to end of Apr / start May when the new chariot arrives (may be going backwards very carefully!!)

cl0nd0n
22-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Email from dealer yesterday! Not the news I wanted to hear!

" I just wanted to update you on the progress of the new car.

It is confirmed week 20 production, this means that it will be built week commencing 12-5-2008,

This means that it is more than likely to be shipped to us the first week of June; however there is a slim chance that it might be end of May. "

gilesw08
22-04-2008, 06:49 PM
My s-line was scheduled build week 15 so is now on it's way to good old blighty!!! Be very interested to here if you really do get rear parking sensors as they dropped the option the day before s-line ordering started. My local dealer will retro fit the audi kit so maybe you would never know!!!

Looking forward to end of Apr / start May when the new chariot arrives (may be going backwards very carefully!!)

same as me steve. had an update today. its 'on ship'. a very slow ship no doubt as its been 'on ship' for almost a week. perhaps it sunk and theyre hoping the tide will wash it in.....

steve1234
23-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Update from the dealer today on my build week 15 s-line. They've checked today and it is waiting for a ship so expect I can have it in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. We shall see.........

gilesw08
23-04-2008, 01:11 PM
my dealer told me today that he was doing everything humanly possible to have me in my car by the end of the month.

not really sure how he can influence the process but I guess it's so he can receive his commission sooner rather than later.

Samurai1466
24-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I've received a build week from my dealer at last... I ordered my S Line on the 10th March and have been given a build week of 12th May. Hopefully a few weeks or so for delivery thereafter so I should have the car around the beginning of June!
:beerchug:

The dealer says that the car is shipped from the factory in Germany. Anyone here know where the A4s are shipped to in the UK?

Bloater
24-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Audi ship from Emden to Sheerness in Kent.

I believe they are also built in Ingolstadt, which happens to be i Southern Germany, not far from Munich. Emden though is on the North Sea, so when it says waiting for ship, it could be waiting for a train to get to Emden.

Anyway within a week of waiting for ship, mine arrived in the country. Less than two weeks later, its mine, its rained on it, and its filthy already.

Enjoy

Bloater

Samurai1466
24-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the info Bloater. LOL, they don't stay clean long! Your car looks great.

I'm going for the 30mm lower suspension option than the Standard and SE models, and hope it won't be too hard a ride on the B roads here in Northern Scotland. I also hope that the Aruba Blue will be nice.

How's your ride quality on B roads?

:D

mkc
25-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Bloater- I cant see the photos of your car? Are they on here?

Ive also gone for Aruba Blue, 30mm lower S Line.

mkc
25-04-2008, 08:16 AM
OK, found them. I was expecting to see a S Line. Car looks great in Red.

Anyone actually received a S Line yet? I want to see this Platinum Optic lip on the front and the "Aggresive" front grill Audi keep on about

gilesw08
25-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I was wondering the same thing. apart from the 'standard' pics on the internet, I havent actually seen any myself.

Mine is due at the showroom any day now. I know as soon as I get it I'll be posting pics.

Bloater
25-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry for the confusion mkc. I was responding to the shippng bit, with what I found out. Couldn't afford the s-line though.

HighwayTG
25-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I was wondering the same thing. apart from the 'standard' pics on the internet, I havent actually seen any myself.

Mine is due at the showroom any day now. I know as soon as I get it I'll be posting pics.

Giles, I have to wait until early July before my S-Line is delivered so would appreciate the pictures when you get your car. I'd be interested to hear what the LED look like in the flesh (the A5 look brilliant).

imyahmed
27-04-2008, 04:38 PM
on the s line tdi, does anyone know if you can get a different colour in leather seats, besides black, i ve been told its black only for s line, is this true, if so, i'm gutted,

gilesw08
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
had a call today from the dealer. My car is expected at the dealership on Tuesday and will then be 'prepared for handover' (whatever that means). The days are going very slowly at the moment......:zx11:

alexcf
02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Giles,

Aregh! Got to wait atleast a month for mine. :(

mkc
02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I finally got a call from Audi yesterday confirming the order spec for my 1.8T 160bhp S Line. I double checked that I could get S Line 30mm suspension but because this was not on the order from arval the lady on this phone at Audi said it could be a problem because she had already added it to the "system"
She said she would do what she could to amend the order so I have no idea if Ill have it or not now! Why phone me to check after she had already added it to the ordering system!?

What happens now, should i get an Email or a call with a build week?

gilesw08
02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
yes - basically you should get a call within a couple of weeks to confirm a build week.

(finally got a firm handover date. Wednesday lunchtime!!! Will post pics that evening.)

Oh....and apparently it has parking sensors!!!

mkc
02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Rear parking senors eh! Ill need them, years of driving hatchbacks and now a move to a big car with a boot will be a must. If they do come with it now after Audi said they didnt Ill be well chuffed!

Cant wait for those photos!

alexcf
06-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Spoke to Audi today, build date is 19th May! How long generally is it after the build date until it arrives? They reckon 2nd week in June..

gilesw08
06-05-2008, 07:09 PM
2nd week of June would be about right. My build week was week beginning 8th April I think, and pick it up tomorrow, almost 4 weeks later.

cl0nd0n
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
2nd week of June would be about right. My build week was week beginning 8th April I think, and pick it up tomorrow, almost 4 weeks later.

Come on then gilesw08! Where is this new toy you picked up yesterday!

We want pics!

Most likely your too busy out enjoying your new ride!

gilesw08
08-05-2008, 11:03 PM
ha ha - yep thats right.

I'm in love. its official. I will definately post pics over the weekend.

All I can say is its worth the wait. You will NOT be dissapointed. Forget the pics on the internet. I defy anyone who doesn't walk into the handover bay on collection day and gasp in awe! The Sline looks amazing.

Pics to follow soon!

Giles

HotChip
09-05-2008, 07:35 AM
My little beauty has now arrived in the UK, should be at the dealership next week. It's getting closer.......

Gibbo123
19-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I was finally able to place an order for a 2.0TDI S-Line last Friday. The dealer has just come back to me to say that delivery will be 10-12 weeks. Obviously this might (will?!?) change but it's encouraging so far.

Arriving this decade - 2.0TDi S-Line in Quartz Grey, B&O Sound System, Front/Rear parking sensors, heated front seats, storage pack, cruise control, hill hold, tyre pressure sensors, S-Line suspension, removed engine/model details (well - wouldn't want anyone to know that I couldn't afford the 3.0TDi would I!) :)

cl0nd0n
19-05-2008, 05:22 PM
ha ha - yep thats right.

All I can say is its worth the wait. You will NOT be dissapointed. Forget the pics on the internet. I defy anyone who doesn't walk into the handover bay on collection day and gasp in awe! The Sline looks amazing.

Pics to follow soon!

Giles

Come on Giles show us your motor! You had it for over 10 days now!

I still not seen any decent pics of the s-line!

mkc
19-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I was finally able to place an order for a 2.0TDI S-Line last Friday. The dealer has just come back to me to say that delivery will be 10-12 weeks. Obviously this might (will?!?) change but it's encouraging so far.

Arriving this decade - 2.0TDi S-Line in Quartz Grey, B&O Sound System, Front/Rear parking sensors, heated front seats, storage pack, cruise control, hill hold, tyre pressure sensors, S-Line suspension, removed engine/model details (well - wouldn't want anyone to know that I couldn't afford the 3.0TDi would I!) :)

Don't worry, the placement of your exhaust pipes will give your engine size away! :D Youll have two on the left, 3.0 have one on each side

_steve
20-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Thought i'd just say hi, and add my 2p worth about build dates :)

I ordered an S-Line through a leasing comany with my local dealer nominated on the 7th April - i wanted to change the spec of the order a couple of days afterwards, as pricing had changed with the lease company, meaning more toys, but the Audi computer had locked the order, i re-ordered (eventually) last week, and after confirming with the dealer he has checked the system and the original car is built and on its way to him, and that the new order has an ETA of mid July.

The original car therefore was 7 weeks from order to being built and on its way here
The new order is estimated as 9 weeks from order to delivery.

If the amended order goes as quickly as the first car, then i'll be happy with a Mid July delivery :)

AZMOTORSPARES
20-05-2008, 01:17 PM
ha ha - yep thats right.

Pics to follow soon!

Giles

Yes i agree you cant appreciate the car from web pics i saw 4 in the flesh at a dealer all black looked stunning , Got a call from my lease company car is arriving tommorow should be able to collect on wednesday 28 th may ordered on 3rd march adjusted to 30mm on the 12th march , given date for end of may , not bad . WILL POST PICS ASAP, Phantom black , 30mm , sline black silver stitch , servotronic , park plus , folding mirrors, tyre pressure , model deletion , fingers crossed

HighwayTG
20-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Checked with Audi Newbury the other day, I now have have a factory build date of week 23 (first week in June) with delivery for (hopefully) before end on June. I placed the order on the 24th of April so that's about 9 weeks.

On Order: AUDI A4 2.0 TDi S-LINE in Ice Silver.

8.5J 19in 7 Arm Dble Spk Whls + 255/35R
Bang And Olufsen Sound System
Parking System Plus
Mobile Phone Prep- Low M+ Sym Radio+M/F
Hill Hold Assist
Cruise Control
Interior Light Pack
Metallic Paint
Deletion Of Capacity Designation At Rear

B6Andy101
20-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Its gonna be a long nine weeks....placed an order today for 2.0TDi Avant S Line. Roll on September

Lava Pearlescent
19" twin 7 arm alloys
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bang & Olufsen
AMI
Rear air bags
Load system
Storage pack
Interior light pack
Hill Hold
Electric Folding Mirrors

cl0nd0n
22-05-2008, 07:00 PM
At last! Dealer says car is due in on Saturday so I am hoping to collect by end of next week!

Can't wait to see the s-line in the flesh!

B6Andy101
22-05-2008, 10:23 PM
At last! Dealer says car is due in on Saturday so I am hoping to collect by end of next week!

Can't wait to see the s-line in the flesh!

They look fantastic. Leeds dealer has 3 in, Missano Lava and Silver. Roll on the Avant...

Samurai1466
23-05-2008, 04:29 PM
An update... I ordered my S-Line on the 10th March, the current status is "awaiting ship" (I assume at Emden, Germany) so it's possible it could be here next week or shortly thereafter. Getting excited now!
:beerchug:

hoju99
06-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Just got a build week 27 for delivery on a 58 plate start of september :-)

mkc
09-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Can I ask when yuu ordered it please? Mine was put to Audi at the end of April but Ive heard nothing yet, so Im assuming it will be a September delivery now

HighwayTG
09-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Can I ask when yuu ordered it please? Mine was put to Audi at the end of April but Ive heard nothing yet, so Im assuming it will be a September delivery now

I ordered on 24th of April and the car was built last week (week 23) with delivery first wee in July

AUDI-NUT
09-06-2008, 01:38 PM

You haven't heard anything because, like me, you have ordered the 1.8T.

There ssems to be a problem getting hold of this engine so we are having to wait longer of our vehicles!!!!!!!:zx11:

mkc
09-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I dont mind waiting as long as it turns up. If it arrives in September thats fine, but if I have to choose another engine Ill be annoyed. Im at the limit of what I can spend so if I need to choose a diesel Ill probably have to get a SE.

hoju99
09-06-2008, 04:44 PM

Ordered May13th
got my build week last week :beerchug: