PDA

View Full Version : Hesitant Acceleration on a 1.6 R Reg A3

peplow85
25-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Mornign all. Got a problem with my 1997 (R Reg) Audi A3 1.6 Petrol. When I put my foot down the car nearly dies but then brings itself back up and allows the car to set off. It’s like the pressure regulator cant cope with the quick change or the fuel pump can’t supply it? The only way to get round it is just before setting off just quickly blip the throttle which brings the revs up just enough so that when you do set off, it doesn’t nearly stall or is not hesitant to go. I don’t think heat is an issue but if I had to choose id say its worse when its not. Ive checked a few air hoses for cracks/leaks but nothing. Has anybody had this problem or heard of the symptoms? Like I say it nearly dies but not quite then picks up so my thoughts would be regulator or pump as its only ever when setting off

Cheers in advance

Lethallizzy
30-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Mornign all. Got a problem with my 1997 (R Reg) Audi A3 1.6 Petrol. When I put my foot down the car nearly dies but then brings itself back up and allows the car to set off. It’s like the pressure regulator cant cope with the quick change or the fuel pump can’t supply it? The only way to get round it is just before setting off just quickly blip the throttle which brings the revs up just enough so that when you do set off, it doesn’t nearly stall or is not hesitant to go. I don’t think heat is an issue but if I had to choose id say its worse when its not. Ive checked a few air hoses for cracks/leaks but nothing. Has anybody had this problem or heard of the symptoms? Like I say it nearly dies but not quite then picks up so my thoughts would be regulator or pump as its only ever when setting off

Cheers in advance

looks like this is an audi problem, mine does this too and its a 2003. very embarrasing when the engines cold, it sounds like sewing maching!lol
sorry cant help, thought id just say hi and youre not alone!!!:D