PDA

View Full Version : Shaggies AAZ 1.9 TD Passat B4 wont start!!

shaggygti
24-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi Guys.

Well I bought a new AAZ engine for my passat B4 due to the old one havin a well cracked cyl head. Ive fitted the new one & its all spanking clean. Ive been trying to start it and it turns over fine but wont fire. There is fuel going into the pump and back to the fuel filter thro' the return but it isnt coming thro' to the injectors. I can see the fuel (and air bubbles) passing through the inlet and return pipes, however when I crack open the injector pipe(s) there is no fuel comming throught them. Could this be a faulty fuel cut off valve? Am I correct in thinking that if I disconect the fuel cut off valve then the engine should fire - that is if the fuel cut off valve is the problem??? Also - Is the fuel cut off valve the black box located just above the injector outlet pipes on the injector pump. Thanks, Shaggy.

erico
26-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I know this is an old tread and you probably have it sorted. Brand new engine? Did you install the diesel pump or was it already on?

Check all the fuel lines. You probably have a leak coming to the pump or on the return side to the tank. It is also possible that you have a cracked metal fuel line at a bend.

Until you find the leak it will not start. Disconnect the glow plug connection while trying to sort this out. I had the same problem with my Peugeot DTurbo when I fitted a new(from breakers but new for me) engine.

cheers,
Eric

shaggygti
26-04-2008, 02:16 PM
HI Eric.

Thanks for your reply. You are correct - I have sorted out the fault.

I replaced the fuel pump that came with the second hand engine with the one from my old engine. I left the fuel lines disconnected from the injectors to ensure fuel was being pumped to the injectors and when fuel was pumped through then I reconnected the fuel lines to the injectors.

The engine fired 1st time. :biglaugh: I think that the pump off the second hand engine must have been sat for a while and the pump seized up over time.

Anyway - all sorted now and thanks for your help.

Shaggy

erico
26-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Shaggy,
Good to hear it is sorted. I was surprised to see no one responded to your query. Everyone was probably otherwise busy sorting out their own stuff.

Cheers,
Eric

shaggygti
26-04-2008, 06:31 PM
HI Eric.

Possably they didnt reply because Im a newby on here. I expect spme people come on here - get the answers they want and never return. Thants fair enough. I must admit I dont spend a lot of time on forums.

However if I see something I think I know the answer to I try and help.

Thanks again.

Shaggy