PDA

View Full Version : Trip computer can it be changed using vagcom

pgarner
24-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Does anybody know how to get the trip computer to show the 2 lots of information i.e short distance info (shows with a 1 inthe corner and resets after ignition being off for 2 hours ) and the total ( with number 2 in corner hope ive got them the right way aound )

just now my bora only shows the the short info i would like it to show both so i cna keep an eye out for and sudden drops in MPG

i know the audis show this information but can the VWs shows it ??

cheers
Paul

jaydeee
24-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Paul.
dont quote me on this because im new on here & iv only just became a vw owner after many years loving vauxhalls !
Anyway i have a passat & on the underneath of my wiper switch is a button, press it in & it gives you 2 info, press it again & it reverts back to 1 info.
If you havnt got the button im not sure if you can get the info for 2.
Hope this makes sense.

besian
24-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi every one
Can somebody direct me to find (locate) turbo charger in my golf gt tdi 99 reg.

Any info much appreciated
:zx11:

pgarner
24-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Paul.
dont quote me on this because im new on here & iv only just became a vw owner after many years loving vauxhalls !
Anyway i have a passat & on the underneath of my wiper switch is a button, press it in & it gives you 2 info, press it again & it reverts back to 1 info.
Hope this makes sense.

is that the reset button ?

i have a reset button underneath the stalk and 2 buttons on the edge which cycle through the number 1 settings average mileage, time driven, distance and instantaneous consumption

pgarner
24-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi every one
Can somebody direct me to find (locate) turbo charger in my golf gt tdi 99 reg.

Any info much appreciated
:zx11:

easy start at the airbox and follow the intake pipe back youll find it down the back of the engine. don tknow about the diesel engines but on the 1.8t its easier to see if you get under the car

pgarner
25-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi Paul.
Hope this makes sense.

aye its the reset button the way i read the manual it read as they should just follow each other all the 1's then the 2's

cheers jaydeee :beerchug::beerchug:

jaydeee
25-03-2008, 09:46 AM
No probs mate, happy to be of help !