PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing original fitment VR6 BBS alloy 15"

Rick_1138
24-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi all,

I have got my new VR6 mk3 home and was giving it a wash over (in the snow here!) and looking over the car properly and i noticed that one of the alloys has a crack in it.

The wheels are the original 15" BBS alloys fitted to Mk3 VR6 golf's. The crack is where the 'V' of the alloy joins the centre hub section. Basically its a box square join and the crack goes right around the crack.

See picture from google, i have added an arrow to show where crack is.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc112/Rick_1138/69801used.jpg

Basically i am trying to source a new wheel, as the other 3 are fine, all of the auctions on fleabay are for 4 wheels, i only need one and i am not wanting to pay £300+ just for a single wheel.

Does anyone here know where i can get one of these alloys as the crack is fairly substantial and TBH it is a worry.

Any help welcome.

Rick

Bluezippy1972
19-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi, Have you thought about having this wheel refurbished. There should be a company local to you that would do this for you. They will dip the wheel to remove all the paint, weld up the crack & then refinish the wheel back to original specification. Last wheel that I had refurbished needed welding & it cost £70 + VAT & the wheel looked like new when done.

Regards

Simon

tornadored7
20-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Rick,

Belated reply, but BLTN ?

Sourcing a NEW wheel individually will be difficult, but they do turn up occasionally on forums and online auction sites, if you wait long enough.

If you're willing to give it a try you should be able to source a good condition second hand wheel, that is straight and unbuckled from;

Stevens VW Dismantlers (http://www.vws.me.uk)

IIRC, they do sell alloy wheels individually and have a wide range to suit most VW cars, years and models in stock. They also post/courier items, including engines!

All used parts are guaranteed for 3 months.

Regards, TR7

gazcoedcae
24-04-2008, 05:41 PM
just to let you know, just spotted a set of 4 with tyre on e-bay. there currently only on 60 quid with only 18 hours to go !

best of luck