PDA

View Full Version : New member wanting an A3 1.8 T help!!

stoobydoo
23-03-2008, 09:27 PM
As the title says really, was looking at a golf gt tdi at first but can't resist the look of the A3.
I'm looking at a 1.8 T sport 1999-2002 black or silver, leather and good mileage, got £8000 but some tips on where to look or what to avoid would be great, not test driven one yet but looking at one next week, what do they drive like? Are they really as smooth and quiet as the reviews say?
I am coming from a Punto Gt 3 years ago (don't laugh) and have since been car sharing with my wife driving an Astra! I want an A3 as I am now a dad and want something more grown up that looks upmarket but at the same time fast and sporty:D

Any help would be much appreciated:approve:

smiglyy
24-03-2008, 08:27 PM
hi m8 i got a 2004 a3tdi its the dogs nads love it good performance economy and as you say looks good have in the past had a couple of golfs to be honest i think you could get a better golf for ya money there isnt much between them m8 wot you would spend on a older audi you would gain on a newer golf but the decision is yours i love my audi thou m8 hope it helps a bit good luck

stoobydoo
24-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks mate, yeah that helps think i'm going to go for the Golf 150 Gt Tdi as there are more around and they get fantastic reviews, plus I will get a newer low mileage car.

Cheers Stu