PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 1.8T Quattro S line 54- Running sluggish, Help!!

Gurd
22-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi All, I'm new to this forum I just recently bought a A4 1.8t Quattro S line 54 plate but the car seems to be running sluggish, when I put my foot down in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th the power seems to come then die then comes back its like intermittently, I have read a few topics on this where they think it could be the air mass, diverter valve or coil packs I have recently changed the DV with a Forge one but this has not resolved the problem, its not throwing up any error codes when diagnosed so do I need to replace all these part to find the problems or can anyone help, Oh I was also told it could be a vac leak but I can not find so any other recommendations would be helpful.

I still haven’t driven this car to its full potential and am beginning not to like it, I use to own a R reg/97 Audi a4 2.4 v6 which was great to drive but this does not compare, yet!!! :zx11:

Thanks in advance for your help

a8 tech
22-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Also check fuel pressure(vacuum pipe on the rgultor on the fuelrail perishes) and disconnect air mass and road test to compare peformance.Clean and readapt throttle body and check intercooler pipes and intake sensor

Gurd
22-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks a8 tech, I did disconnect the air mass there wasnt much of a difference actually i think it loast most of the power, i'm still thinking its a vac leak some where but will check the vac pipe on the fuelrail as recommened by yourself otherwise it should have thrown some codes if it was a faulty part, what you reckon?? someone also mentioned to check the plugs every come across them being damaged...

thanks for the advice i will keep you posted

a8 tech
23-03-2008, 08:00 AM
yes plugs are very important on 1.8t and cause some freakish faults like hesitation and powerloss in the 3000 rpm range.Good luck and check the vac/breather pipes around the inlet manifold

igand2
25-05-2008, 10:53 AM
What are plugs???

i had problems (mainly erratic idling at startup) which went away when i discovered and replaced the t shaped rubber pipe connecting camshaft cover with breather pipes (oil vapour vent)

cost of original t-shaped breather rubber pipe 8 euro