PDA

View Full Version : T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder

Bigdin
22-03-2008, 08:50 AM
First time user! Busted camshaft on my T4 year 2000 have manual from Peter Russek. I have a fair idea where i´m going. I have now put the new head in place and ready to bolt it down but have this irritating notion about if the camshaft is set right. How can i be 100% sure that it is the right way up?? I can see before I put it into place that the valves on cylinder no1 are fully closed and I have the crankshaft at TDC.?
I have been checking around this forum and found a lot of useful info.

can anyone assist me on this camshaft I reckon it is in the right position as I bought it new from the parts store and I reckon if I give it one full turn the valves on no1 would be open just need a little assurance!!!!...............thanks...Denis

carbon
22-03-2008, 10:29 AM
The slot in the camshaft on the injection pump end should be parallel with the top of the cylinder head so the setting tool extends over the cylinder head.

Bigdin
22-03-2008, 04:09 PM
The slot in the camshaft on the injection pump end should be parallel with the top of the cylinder head so the setting tool extends over the cylinder head.
Yeah i am with you on that but is there not 2 possibilities if I was to turn the camshaft 360%?? there must be up and an upside down......thanks for you prompt reply

kenney
22-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi When installing the camshaft No. 1 cylinder cams must point upwards

carbon
22-03-2008, 07:01 PM
The slot is not central on the end, its offset so the setting tool will only fit over the cylinder head in the correct postion i.e the slot above the top edge of the cylinder head. Also as 'kenney' has pointed out no.1 cyl cams upwards.

Bigdin
22-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes Yes!!! just small things like that can make life easier...Thanks
:beerchug:

Bigdin
24-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah back again. I´v now tightened down the head and now setting up the timing belts starting with the diesel pump. Found the markings the one thing I can´t seem to find in the manuel is where the marking on the camshaft pulley/wheel to diesel pump should align with i´m guessing it lines up with the edge of the cylinder head. Maybe someone knows where i can see a diagram on better again a photo of the timing marks for the crankshaft camshaft and the diesel pump camshaft. The engine is an ACV 2.5TDI 5 cylinder would be a 2001 model although first registered in November 2000. i can see by the diesel pump. it is a little different from the 2000 model.
I have been checking the posts here on the forum but no luck yet.

thanks..Denis

kenney
24-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Send your e-mail address and i will send you all the info you need

Bigdin
24-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi Kenny thanks a lot my email is denis@bog.dk .......kind regards

tdivanman
26-03-2008, 06:39 PM
I have just changed the belts on my 1998 T4 2.5TDi ACV engine.

I found a complete lack of information on the web before I started the job so when I finished the procedure I wrote it up here:

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=127761

I also have gathered some additional info if anyone wants it. Send me a message if you are interested.

noelb
20-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Hay Bigdin - I'm in much the same boat as yoursellf except that I haven't sourced a head yet - If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours done (and roughly how much?

Cheers
Noel B.

Bigdin
20-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello Noel, I am actually living in Denmark and I went to germany and bought a new head complete which cost about 950 euro I have got my motor up and running again thanks to help from this forum. You can also check online maybe you can get a head there...all the best

bodger
22-05-2008, 10:58 PM

Hi Kenney , sorry to be a pain ,, could you send me the info too please
my email
keith17@ntlworld.com

thankyou :beerchug:

bodger
23-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Kenney , thankyou ever so much for all the info , we had a pump belt break which then looked the cam shaft , that then broke into 4 pieces and broke the front belt ...
so a new head and lots of headaches

thankyou again ....keith

bodger
29-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys again , thankyou for your info ....

the engine is now running again ..well nearly

there is a BLACK wire that is in with the glow plug wires and we can't work out where it came from ??

it looks like it might have brocken off of somewhere but we can't see where

any ideas please ?

thankyou ....keith

bodger
30-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Sussed It .......... :d

It was the wire that went to the 5th injector , ripped off when the pump belt broke

Bigdin
01-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Congratulations! Ja its amazing what we can do ourselves but i´have seen myself missing the simplest of things ...good luck

bodger
01-06-2008, 09:05 AM
quite interesting thing , the old injector had the wire pointing out to the rear
and therefore very close to the rear belt

but the new one has the wire coming out towards the front
looks like they new they had an issue ! ?

enrollercoaster
06-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Could you send me the info too please I have a 2.5 tdi T4 Caravelle in bits and am puzzling the assembly, also the special tools.

kenney
06-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I need your e-mail address

enrollercoaster
09-06-2008, 02:47 PM
This has all been really helpful so far.
I am worried now about the head skimming.
There being conflicting opinions on this.
Some say the head has to be skimmed before replacing and a larger gasket fitted.
Or is it true that this head 2.5 Tdi 102BHP cannot be skimmed?

genethechippie
20-09-2008, 02:53 PM
hi kenney, could you please send me the infor also, as i am also at the stage , ie new head fitted , but clueless about setting up the timing etc.

thanking you in advance, genethechippie my email is nailpouch@yahoo.co.uk

bomber5425
05-01-2009, 02:12 PM

any chance you can send me the same info?? thanks

nick5425@btinternet.com

uplift driver
03-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi I'm at the point of stress concerning this pump timing can i do it with a dti gauge or do i have to use a vagcom program the van is a T4 2.5tdi ACV engine any pointers would be much welcomed and really appreciated

Clive

uplift driver
03-02-2010, 12:30 AM
or is there a diagram on line that i could get a look at been trawling the threads all night on this subject and none the wiser

kenney
03-02-2010, 12:30 AM
For dynamically checking and adjusting the commencement of injection,you must use diagnostic equipment.The basic setting how ever can be adjusted using the timing marks this should be near enough to get the engine started.

kenney
03-02-2010, 12:36 AM
PM your e-mail address and i will send you the info tomorrow

uplift driver
03-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Cheers kenny my Email is clive.stumpjumper.king@hotmail.co.uk I'm not able to send pm's yet

Clive

uplift driver
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
He's a good man that Kenny cheers!:beerchug:

omepositer
08-03-2013, 09:27 AM
"I also have gathered some additional info if anyone wants it. Send me a message if you are interested."

Hi Kevin.
Is there still any chance of that info please.
Thanks
My email. michaelpower30@hotmail.com