PDA

View Full Version : help, I am new to Audi and have some questions please help a newb out!

9relude8
22-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Hello,

I am new to owning a Audi and need some help regarding my new car. I just bought a 06 Audi A4 quattro pre-owned with 30k miles yesterday. I just noticed a intense vibration every time I engage into Drive when idle. The shaking stops when I accelerate or while the car is in motion. But when I put the car in D or R and hold the brake it shakes very rapidly it almost feels like a massage chair. So when I am driving it feels quite calm but when infront of a stop light I feel this rapid vibration from the seat and steering wheel. I also noticed that the engine makes a loud ticking noise when idle too. I just got this car and I really love the car drives, looks, and handles but can't get over this ticking noise and vibration. If anyone can let me know if this is normal or does anyone have any suggestions?

shaziman
30-03-2008, 09:10 PM
check the autobox fluid level, sounds very low. Knocking noise may not be engine, but torque converter. Do the fluid, if it still knocks then i think that you torque converter amy be been damaged by the low fluid in the box.