PDA

View Full Version : Lupo electric windows

viggen
22-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi all,

New here and not actually got a VW I'm afraid, 'er indoors has however!

Our offisde electric window had 'stopped' on out Lupo GTi, any ideas, I've done a quick fuse check. Are the motors un-reliable and if so are they fitted to any other models and where are they available?

Also the 6 disc changer threw a wobbly yesterday and it's got a disc stuck in, how can I get it out?

Thanks in advance, Ian.

lupo2
14-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Have the same problem as Ian on our Lupo 1.4 S

Checked the fuses, hit the motor, pushed in the cable, swapped the switches over but still the motor just clicks and nothing else

Can anyone help please? As Ian asks, is this a common problem that requires a new lift motor ?

Thanks, Gary

beach
17-04-2008, 12:06 AM
have you tried disconnecting the battery, i had a window glitch on my lupo gti and that fixed it.

lupo2
28-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Many thanks for the suggestion to disconnect the power. Unfortunately did not resolve the problem so spoke to the local VW Dealer. They suggested that if the motor is clicking then probably not a motor fault.

Removed the unit from the car and it worked ok. So refitted and working., but now the same click has moved to the near side and this window does not work. It is not the window switches as I swopped these around but still the same problem.

So purchased the VW workshop manual from a chap on Ebay. Took over a week to arrive and then many attempts to load before I could get the product to work. The manual gave me the istructions for removing the window motors but the wiring diagram images just will not display.

Anyone out there help me out with the electric wiring diagram for a 2000 Lupo 1.4 ? There must be another relay or connection somewhere that is causing this. Have moved all of the cables around to see if there is a break somewhere.

Anyone have some ideas ?

Thanks
Gary