PDA

View Full Version : Condensation in 2002 Polo

dvisick
30-11-2006, 12:10 PM
:( Hi - I'm another newbie

My Polo has suddenly started being permanently damp inside - seats even get wet and windows soaking. Thought recirculation must be stuck on (not really tested this yet - no obvious effect of button but need to check with some smoke or something). However somebody told me that the pollen filter might be blocked. I see this is an Inspection Service item BUT there is no checkbox in the Service Record (!). So . . . I cannot find the pollen filter to replace it. In the old days I would've just started merrily removing bits, but life's too short . . .

Any tips

Thanks - David

MARTIND
08-12-2006, 03:26 AM
hi
i have a 2002 polo and have condensation in the car.
i have found that the rear windows seem to drop a small amount after a couple of weeks.
the back of my car is only used for shopping bags, so no-one opened them and did not close the windows properly.
they seem to drop about quarter of a turn. i have put the condensation down to this but i am waiting to see if this is the main problem. car goes to my freind for service soon so i will try a smoke test and let you know what he finds out.

dvisick
08-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks Martin

What I finally found was a) car was wet for an entirely different reason - klutz who last serviced it had broken the rear light cluster securing pin. If the light is not secure, water coming round side of hatchback runs straight into boot. Also b) it looks as though the recirculator system was stuck and no fresh air was coming in. Seems OK now!

Cheers

David

Kocka
08-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi guys!
I have a sugesstion- ckeck outh a dump proofing ruber on the doors.
That may be your problem. Couse when theye loose their elasticity theye starting to release a moisure inside.