PDA

View Full Version : S6 towbar?

asklepios
29-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi, new to site hoping to tap into knowledge.
2000 year model S6 with conflicting dealer advice. Can this car be fitted with a towbar or not:1zhelp: ?

taff
30-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi.
I have a 4.2 quattro sport which I believe has the same body. It is the second one I have owned and I have had Bosal towbars fitted to both. The tow bar is detachable so you can not see anything when they are removed. Takes about 3 hours to fit.

asklepios
01-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Taff,
Thx v. mutch for your feedback. One dealer says no, and one said yes , but became unsure as his listing did not specify S6 ,but simply A6 quatro, but excluding self levelling suspn. I thought the exhausts may have been a prob in V8 format ,but am encouraged by your account.

taff
01-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Exhaust will not be a problem. I fitted the RS6 exhaust to mine and the actual system was identical (but larger bore):beerchug:

asklepios
01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Any difficulty in the wiring? My wife was discouraged from fitting a towbar by the same(large) dealer to her A2 as it was 2 days work ! The tying into the multiplex electrics was said to be the problem. I naively thought this would make things easier. The service receptionist whispered that the A3 sport in the workshop had already been in for 2 1/2 with no sign of completion.

For interest was the wide bore exhaust a successful mod?

taff
02-12-2006, 01:53 AM
With regards to the tow bar you will be able to fit it within 5 hours max. but I just have single electrics.
With regards to the exhaust yes it was ok. but personaly I found it too loud. But a lot of people liked it. You can pick up the exhaust systen for about £200 from the people that fit the Miltek systems ( They will be the systems taken off)