PDA

View Full Version : T4 made worse by garage

seacreature
21-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi,
got a 2000 2.5 TDi T4. Had been suffering intermittant fault, when pulling hard (usually uphill) in 4th or 5th turbo would appear to cut out at about 2700rpm. Then once engine turned off and back on would be fine. Garage diagnosed this as waste gate valve needing replacement. Which they did but now the turbo appears not to be boosting. Van is totally gutless now; any ideas?

Checked hoses and filters etc, is it EGR valve as man in pub (!) said it was definitely that.

Cheers

thornem
21-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I have a T5 (130) motorcaravan. It does no mileage during the winter, and each year when I start to use it it loses turbo boost within the first 100 miles, and will not recover.

The cause is sooting up of the Catalytic convertor. I have to remove the input pipe and vacuum out the face of the Cat. It changes from sooty black surface to mid brown showing all the Cat pin sized holes. After re-assembling it goes as normal.

Don't know why it does this but it's happened every year for the past 5. A friend has just had the same problem after laying his T5 up for 2 months.

A VW dealer found the problem originally after changing many bits around the turbo to no avail. I sweep its chimney myself each year now!:beerchug:

kenney
21-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi If your problem was intermittent,before they replaced the wastegate valve and now you have no turbo boost,then it is obvious the garage must have done something wrong.I would suggest a fault code read and in measured block values 11 you can see how the turbo is functioning.I doubt very much if the EGR valve has anything to do with it,if anything it would be the charge pressure control solenoid valve -N75

Herman.58
21-03-2008, 06:37 PM
If you now have no boost take it back to the garage!! They've messed up. If they replaced the N75 and you now have NO boost it sounds to me like they've put the hoses back on incorrectly. Your previous problem was the engine going into limp mode when it detects an overboost. Possible culprits would be N75 valve, the grey pressure solenoid (N??) attatched to it or possibly MAF sensor (fault there would alter fuelling I think, not boost, :confused:). Get a vagcom check if they dont sort it. Best of luck.