PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk4 GTI - clutch?

clarkey gti-t
21-03-2008, 12:00 AM
hi a have a 2001 golf mk4 gti 1.8t 150bhp aum engine

clutch slipped last week for the 1st time since i have owned the car (few weeks) then about half an hour later i was unable to select 3rd or 5th gears. i could engage them by balancing the revs but not using the clutch. im assuming that this is my clutch causing this problem??after i left the car to call for approz 10minutes i was then able to select 3rd and 5th and now wen ever i change gear more than about 6 times in 30 seconds i cant select 5th until i allow the car to cool a little bit. i also get a clunking noise from the gearbox area every time i engage 1st gear.

there are threads on here suggesting gear selector fork being a problem, is this relevent to me?

also the car is running about 240bhp (approx 280pounds of torque) is there any clutch anybody could recommend to me?i dont want a race clutch because i dont want to have to start working out to be able to use it, and i dont want to have to change it every 6months! would a audi tt clutch fit?or a leon cupra r?

also flywheel, dmf flywheels u all slag them off on here, but has anybody tried a lightwieght steel or aluminium clutch?pros and cons to this other than faster reving and ruff idle? any help would be greatly apreciated cheers guys

golf tdi 02
21-03-2008, 12:08 AM
replyd in diff thread dude ;);)

clarkey gti-t
21-03-2008, 12:29 AM
u got a link to that thread mate coz i cant find anything with my exect problem.cheers

golf tdi 02
21-03-2008, 10:54 PM
er think this is it ??w.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31033&highlight=clutch