PDA

View Full Version : Which Version should I download?

samz77
20-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Please could you help me, I have an A3 1.9tdi Quattro sport 53 plate.

I would be grateful if someone could advise me which version of vag com I should download?

As I am stuck!!!!:1zhelp:

Cheers

Sam

Uwe@Ross-Tech
21-03-2008, 03:52 AM
Since you haven't told us what kind if interface you have, it's impossible to give you a better answer than:

The latest one that works with your interface.

-Uwe-

PS:
<Rant>
Would somebody please explain the "XX Plate" thing to me? It means nothing to anyone outside the Ewe-Kay! Why are you guys so fond of this instead of simply stating the model year of your car like the rest of the world does?
</Rant>

samz77
21-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the reply.

the cable I have is USB at one end and OBD II at the other. Is this what you meant by interface?

Cheers

Sam

stuart
21-03-2008, 09:40 AM
<Rant>
Would somebody please explain the "XX Plate" thing to me? It means nothing to anyone outside the Ewe-Kay! Why are you guys so fond of this instead of simply stating the model year of your car like the rest of the world does?
</Rant>

Good point Uwe;)

I agree with this comment. As Uwe is based in the USA, "53 plate" will mean nothing to him, or anyone else outside the UK registration system. I think that "2003" would be a more useful description.

Stuart

samz77
21-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks Stuart.

Sorry Uwe.

Any help is greatly appreciated as you can tell I am very new at this!

Cheers

Sam

Uwe@Ross-Tech
21-03-2008, 03:05 PM
the cable I have is USB at one end and OBD II at the other.

In that case, version 409 would likely be the correct one. You will need to install whatever drivers came with your interface, and these will emulate a COM port. Make sure the emulated COM port is in the range of COM1 to COM4.

-Uwe-