PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TDi S-Line - Anything I should look out for??

elPaulio
20-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for opening a rather vauge topic but I am in the process of getting rid of my Golf 2.0 GT TDi (Company Car) and am looking at buying a 2005 A4 2.0 TDi S-Line. Is there anything I should look out for that is prone to going on this sort of age of vehicle?? I am tempted to get one through an Audi dealer for peace of mind, but would consider a private sale if I can get a decently priced warranty for it!

Also, I need to have a front arm rest in the car. Is this easy enough to retro fit? I know it is in the Golf MkV but not sure about these Audi thingermagiggys!!! :D

Hope you can help guys. :beerchug:

Cheers

Paul

Chris73
20-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi,
Just fitted an armrest to my b7 a4 , Kids play really , as long as you've got a drill and a junior hacksaw blade , have a look on www.harddrive.plus.com/main.htm (http://www.harddrive.plus.com/main.htm) it shows how to do it with pictures

elPaulio
21-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Chris,

Excellent site, cheers for the link :D

Puts my mind at ease, and opens up many more A4's to look at ;)

Cheers

Paul

golf tdi 02
21-03-2008, 11:03 AM
please please please do a full hpi check enquiry ;);)

elPaulio
26-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, I've gone for a Phantom Black S-Line, 2005 54 plate with Arm rest, Heated Seats, 6-CD changer, Bose Speaker pack and reversing sensors.
Should pick it up in a couple of weeks once I get back from our honeymoon.

I bought it from an Audi dealer so it has been HPI'd etc. and in theory should have any faults sorted. What are the common things to go on these cars?
Also, what spec of oil does this engine require? If it is the same as my Golf 2.0 TDI then I will buy some on the company before I give them their car back ;)

Cheers

Paul

paul b
27-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Sounds like a great car. But where are the pics???

Paul

elPaulio
28-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey Paul,

Don't pick it up until next week some time, so will get some piccie then before it gets all muddy and looks like every other black A4 on the road ;)

Watch this space!!

Paul

shaziman
30-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Just make sure your new car doesn't have the steering vibration on full lock. It will most likely be there, but make sure you don't feel the vibration on the floor of the car likei did!

elPaulio
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Cheers mate, I'll watch out for that. It is just when moving or when stationary??

jimtorch
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Alright elPaulio, you're living my life just about 400 miles away! I had a 2.0tdi Golf MkV as a company car and have just upgraded to a 57 plate A4 Avant 2.0tdi S-line Special Edition (Black on Black....don't Google that by the way, you might get more than just Audi's popping up.....) and i'm pleased to say that it's awesome.

We had my golf remapped to about 170bhp and are toying with getting the Audi done too but to be honest that can wait.

Can you tell that i've got a "Petrol Head" as a boss??

By the way, my golf was black so it was faster:biglaugh:
Actually i've bought it from the company to have as my wifes car i liked it so much.
It means that i've got to sell her Mk4 1.8T Gti but what the hell

Spot the German Car Fan

jimtorch
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
By the way, where did you get the armrest from for the Golf MkV?

elPaulio
02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey Jim,

Yup, that sounds like we are practically leading the same life!! Spooky!!

Yeah, I'm contemplating getting the Audi chipped but I'll see how it goes first, wait until I get bored of it so it's something new to play with ;)
I never actually did the arm rest for the Golf as I spec'd it when I got the car but if you have a look at http://www.dropfiles.net//files/207/...ompressed_.pdf and go to www.vagparts.com you can get the kit for around £145 quid!!

I can't wait to get the Audi now, next Friday is the day of reckoning!! :D

Catch you later bud

Paul :)

Flakmunky
21-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi,

New to the forum but just buying an '07 Phantom Black + Black / Grey Leather + BOSE but no arm rest! The link provided earlier is dead, does any one have a link to a guide for fitting the armrest? I've seen the one one vagparts - anyone have a price for a leather armrest?

TIA,

fM

nphnet
21-06-2008, 06:51 PM
The link is incorrect but not dead http://www.harddrive.plus.com/ again great stuff on there.

Flakmunky
22-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks, nphnet....

Your name rings a bell - do I know you from another forum?!

nphnet
22-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Sounds worrying, I host itidiots.com have previously owned 350z, s2000 so been on those forums or else you're just plain confused :-)

Flakmunky
22-06-2008, 03:14 PM
350z-uk.com?

I too have owned a Z...

nphnet
22-06-2008, 05:52 PM
That's me, had 2 350z in my time, little too old for that kind of car now.