PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking problem on A4 2.5 Quattro

toff
20-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi,

When I activate the central locking on my A4 (51 plate 2.5 Quattro) all the doors lock except the passenger door.

Does anybody know what I need to do / what parts will be needed to fix this?

What's more alarming (or not alarming as the case may be) is that the alarm dosen't go off when I open the door!

I've noticed that the Flashing alarm light (on the driver's door) stays on solid for about 30 seconds before it starts flashing; is this normal, or does it indicate a fault.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Alex.

andyaudia4
22-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi, i am currently having the same problem with my A4, i think it is the actautor in the pax door or the control unit in the drivers door.

Try pressing your hand on the pax door handle while you try and lock the car, (do this on any of the other doors and you will be able to feel the mechanism move), if you cant feel anything either the actuator's stuck or its not receiving a signal from the control unit.

I tried disconnecting and then re-connecting the battery, this sorted the prob for a while but the next time the actuator stuck it stuck in the lock position, i now cant even open the door to change any parts, looks like i'm going to have to cut a hole in the door panel!! ouch!

toff
24-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I'm surprised that the interior door pull does nothing for you?

With mine, sometimes the door locks perfectly, sometimes it doesn't.

I think it's related to the door closed sensor - sometimes it will show-up in the FIS (info display between the clocks) saying the door is open, when it's definitely closed.

Apparently the sensor is within the lock/ latch mechanism - is this correct? Gone are the days of a push-to-make switch in the doorjam!

I notice the panel gap is slightly incorrect on the passenger door (it's clearly been in a scrape at some point) so perhaps that's something to do with it?

Al.