PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A4 Bluetooth phone on dash

kamg
19-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Evening all,
I have a question regarding a dash mounted bluetooth gsm phone system factory fitted to a 57plate A4.
Is it possible to get the dealer to move it to the armrest? Or would you reccomend leaving it on the dash?
Many thanks in advance for your ideas!

El Guapo
20-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Evening all,
I have a question regarding a dash mounted bluetooth gsm phone system factory fitted to a 57plate A4.
Is it possible to get the dealer to move it to the armrest? Or would you reccomend leaving it on the dash?
Many thanks in advance for your ideas!

Hi there. My previous A4 had this in the armrest but I never used it anyway as the phone connects on the bluetooth the only advantage of the cradle is that it will charge the phone. The problem is the cradles are not cheap and do not fit many new phones like sliders etc. My new A4 had it on the dash but I got them to remove it as I would not use it and it looked unsightly really. So you could just get it removed but keep the bluetooth functionality.

kamg
20-03-2008, 02:20 PM
so the bluetooth functionality is still there even though its not on the dash?
Im assuming your A4 is new shape 08? if so do you think the same will apply to the b7 model?

El Guapo
20-03-2008, 02:32 PM
so the bluetooth functionality is still there even though its not on the dash?
Im assuming your A4 is new shape 08? if so do you think the same will apply to the b7 model?

Yes, I still have the bluetooth feature. As you can see from my pic it is a pre 08 A4. It is a 07 plate. So yes it does not matter. It is just a cradle afterall.

shaziman
30-03-2008, 09:11 PM
just take th cradle out and use the bluetooth. Much better when you can use it with out any sticky out bits!

Niexplorer
12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
just take th cradle out and use the bluetooth. Much better when you can use it with out any sticky out bits!Is there a 'how to' guide anywhere that show the procedure for doing this?

Flakmunky
12-02-2009, 08:45 AM
There is a guide on how to retrofit a double DIN radio cage in to a car with a single DIN. This involves removing most of the parts you will need to remove - which aren't many compared to that job!

You will need a new piece of dash trim as there will be two rectangular holes when you remove the cradle...

daveb99
16-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I've recently done this (single DIN to double DIN) and removed my ugly phone holder at the same time.

You need a new Centre console without the huge holes you will see when you remove the cradle - part number 8E0 241 263 G if you have a single DIN Concert head unit. Not sure of the part number if you have double DIN, i.e. Symphony or Navi plus.

Also you need to disconnect and hide the 2 wires to the phone cradle - I doubled mine back behind the glovebox (you need to remove the glovebox and panel under the steering wheel as well).

Budget 3 hours and £70 for the new console replacement, but it's worth it.