PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK4 won't start - water leakage!!!! Any thoughts?

Wac1000
29-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Hello, :1zhelp:
I leave my Golf on the drive on a slope and some how water found its way in behind the dash (drivers side) and soaked the electrics. Now my beloved GTI won't start at all. I used a hair dryer to dry everything. At first the fuel pump at the back of the car of buzzing on and off intermittently and the relays were 'clicking' behind the dash.

When I tried to start the car all the warning lights and bleeps came on and although it turned over it wouldn't fire/start. I have disconnected the battery (charged it over night) and checked all the fuses inside the car.

Its a few days later now and the car seems dry. When I turn on the ignition the dash board appears normal - no beeps and flashing lights, but it still won't fire.

Do I have any fuses anywhere else that I should check? Im more worried about getting her started rather than the source of the leak oat this stage.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
C

Marc97
30-11-2006, 12:59 AM
If you look on the fuse box cover there should be some explaination as to what does what.
The engine management might be signified by a lightening bolt type picture although I suspect your problem maybe fuel pump related.
Remove and refit ALL fuses (check before refitting) and also all the relays.

Wac1000
30-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Thank you. How do I take out the relays? Do I need to take out part of the dash to get a screwdriver in or do they dull out of place like a plug?

Thanks again