PDA

View Full Version : A3 1999 arial problem

a3_lad
18-03-2008, 11:49 PM
I have a A3 1999 and the problem I have is somebody has at some point replaced the original arial with one that does not fit ( i didnt know this until I tryed to un screw it at weekend) Anyway somebody snapped the top off it at weekend so I bought another off e-bay and when i tryed to un screw the old one it was well and truely stuck I cannot get it off by un screwing it so I was thinking of taking the mount off the top and doing it that way, the qustion is how do I do this? i would appreciate some help on this thanks.

loki
22-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I had to replace an aftermarket aerial on my '99 A3 and it was held on by a seriously heavy duty bolt. If you can't unscrew it from the roof side, you can pull the trim on the inside of the car down and you should see the mount near the rear interior lights.

squinty
29-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a A3 1999 and the problem I have is somebody has at some point replaced the original arial with one that does not fit ( i didnt know this until I tryed to un screw it at weekend) Anyway somebody snapped the top off it at weekend so I bought another off e-bay and when i tryed to un screw the old one it was well and truely stuck I cannot get it off by un screwing it so I was thinking of taking the mount off the top and doing it that way, the qustion is how do I do this? i would appreciate some help on this thanks.

have you done this now??i have a 51 plate A3 and teh seal around the aerial is beginning to deteriorate with age. i dont fancy taking it off if i am then not able t put a replacement on without having to pay someone to do it or if im gonna ruin the roof of the car. if you have done this can yu advise me on how you did it please.

a3_lad
30-04-2008, 08:20 PM
have you done this now??i have a 51 plate A3 and teh seal around the aerial is beginning to deteriorate with age. i dont fancy taking it off if i am then not able t put a replacement on without having to pay someone to do it or if im gonna ruin the roof of the car. if you have done this can yu advise me on how you did it please.

hi there no i did not do that as mine to is deteriorating and im not that knowledgable on these things so i have just had to leave it for now i was going to pay someone when it goes in for a service.