PDA

View Full Version : Rear Number Plate Lights - V Reg Polo

WesleyP
18-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Does asnybody know how to get the bulb out of the rear number plate light assembly on a V-Registered (Dec 1999) Polo? Thanks

Corgi
21-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Wesley

I changed mine a couple of weeks ago.

Firstly, take the lamp housing out of the bumper, use a small flat head screwdriver and with a bit of jiggling from the number plate side the assembly will lift out.
Secondly, the actual bulb holder will separate from the assembly fairly easily...then you'll be able to change the bulb for a new one.

Once done you'll be an expert number plate bulb changer...it's an easy job for sure :)

Good Luck! :)

WesleyP
22-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks - didn't realise it was so easy!

Corgi
22-03-2008, 11:07 AM
No Worries :)

mikeopolo
04-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Hi: For the benefit of anyone else searching, my 1996 Polo, where to get the light housing out required lifting up the back of the unit slightly, putting a thin screwdriver horizontally underneath from the back, and running it down the left hand side to find a springy metal strip, move that strip in towards the middle of the unit, which allows the whole unit to unclip from inside the bumper.

The reason for my light not working turned out to be severe corrosion of the bulb holder, so now we are looking for more than just the bulb!

hth