PDA

View Full Version : Hello From A Newby.

JONNYQUATTRO
29-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Hello,:Blush2:
I have just bought a 1998 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro, and am alarmed by the amount of oil it uses, about 1 litre for 800-1000 miles. Is this normal, and what is the best oil to use ( I do not know what is in it, so I topped up with semi-synth.)?
Secondly, one of the cats is leaking from the flexy piece. Is this repairable, and, if not, is it possible to decat this engine, and still get keep the emissions low enough to pass an MOT, or do any of you know another cheapish option?
Thanks
Jonny.

MalcQV
29-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Welcome, someone may be along soon regarding your questions.

adamss24
29-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Audi used to suplly flexi pipes on their own but i dont know if they still available! See a good exhaust builder like POWERFLEX or the like as they could provide/build for you another flex joint . Do not remove your cats as the emission light will come on + it will never pass the MOT. You could try a high flow set of catalysts but you better off with factory ones.

JONNYQUATTRO
29-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks Adamms 24. Do you know anything about the oil consumption?

JonnyQuattro_changeurname
29-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Before you get an internet name and start "Using my name like your a fan and possibly ruining my REP"

Google a new nick.

Honestly this ones taken.
Google mine. Seriously.

JONNYQUATTRO
29-12-2006, 08:26 AM
I have just googled Jonnyquattro and come up with a Gamer and a Rockstar. Which one are you? Seriousley, if you are either of these, what are you doing surfing car forums looking for similar names to your own.
If you are a gamer, you should be concentrating on getting better and upholding your rep, and if you are the former....well, I have allready tasted that, and you would certainly not be bothering writing emails like this?
I am not a forum animal anyway, and would be surprised if I posted more than three questions a year.
'Power to the People'

Eshrules
29-12-2006, 02:58 PM
i do beleive that if you look through the rules & conditions of this forum, it is here to provide a source of information and to collate a community with a similar interest. not for the small minority to start a petty squabble over a 'nickname'. also, johnny, it would be nice if you could bring yourself to actually contribute actively to the forum and not just come on when you need a question answering, i very much doubt these kind of forums would actually function if everyone had that attitude....

a thread for the moderators to look at me thinks.....

JONNYQUATTRO
29-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Hear Hear Eshrules. I am sorry that I disappoint you by not being a real enthusiast, but I have very little time, or relevent knowledge to help others by constant contribution. I use this forum to help me keep my car mobile at a reasonable cost, and if that is against the rules, I will happily offer my resignation.
With regard to the person who suggests that I should not use the name Jonnyquattro because he claims that he is allready using it elsewhere, and joined this forum especially to let me know, I will act with total decorum, and not reply to the Saddo again.
Please accept my apology, and wishing you, and all the contributors to The VWAudi Forum a Healthy and Happy New Year.
Best Wishes
Jonny Q.

RickT
30-12-2006, 01:18 AM
nice post... at the end of the day its a nickname... the guy who claims to own it has not got anything better to do....!! LOL!!

Its a free for all and you can have what ever name you wish.....

Cheers

RicKT

JonnyQuattro_changeurname
30-12-2006, 08:21 AM
I use google constantly.
Search my own unique Nick.
Come up with every single result as mine except these car forums on how someone just randomly likes using my unique name.

I apologize if I came in strong.
Feels like "Identity Fraud". Not saying your using it for all the wrong reasons but after 6-7 years with this Unique Name. Kind of feel attatched to it and want to defend my name for my own use and purpose.

If you need proof of how attatched I am,
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7056/361111454lmr1.jpg

Theres way more where that came from. Its 100% real.

As for a Rock star?
If its my MySpace Music page.
Thats all mine. Everything there made from scratch.
My regular MySpace. All my custom stuff. Video included if you want to watch.
Otherwise please do post what rockstar your talking about.

ps:
nice post... at the end of the day its a nickname... the guy who claims to own it has not got anything better to do....!! LOL!!

Cheers

RicKT

Not to be completely on the aggressive/offensive side here but did you have anything better to do when you posted that?

Edit: I forgot to say. Yeah im a gamer and I dont use video game "Playing" as a reputation.

I make them.

stuart
30-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Right..... I will ask a question...

jonnyquattro_changeurname... Do you intend to become an active member of a Volkswagen & Audi related car enthusiast website?

If, as I suspect the answer is no! and you are just here to moan about a username, that a memner of this site has chosen, which means nothing to me or anyone outside this site, then why are you here. I expect every single member on every single forum has both the interest and time to search on Google to see if the username they want to use, is already being used.

I can, and will ban any user or member that appears to be causing trouble, especially for no genuine reason. I only do this as a last resort ;)

Stuart

Eshrules
31-12-2006, 12:26 AM
^^^^ and that, gentlemen and gentle ladies is what's known as closure :D

RickT
31-12-2006, 02:43 AM
i agree... or just remore the posts from the NEWBIE "changeyourname" and continue.....

RicKT