PDA

View Full Version : VW Transprter Crankshaft pulley removal

Beetlefan
18-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum, I need to remove the Crankshaft pulley because of a failed damper, The Van is a 2001 51 reg 2.5 TDI, does any one have any tips on locking the crankshaft please?

kenney
18-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Counter-hold with T10025 and loosen vibration damper/toothed belt pulley by loosening centre bolt.
Insert counter-hold T10025 and tighten vibration damper/crankshaft toothed belt sprocket centre bolt to
160 Nm and turn 180° (1/2 turn) further (turning further can be completed in several stages).
T10025 is a special tool designed to counter hold the engine.I have never done the job with out it but the only possible chance to counter hold the engine without the tool would be to take the starter out and use a long screw driver to block the starter ring ,or although you have not much room but could try in the hole for he TDC mark on the gearbox.Rememer to renew the bolt

Beetlefan
18-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi Counter-hold with T10025 and loosen vibration damper/toothed belt pulley by loosening centre bolt.
Insert counter-hold T10025 and tighten vibration damper/crankshaft toothed belt sprocket centre bolt to
160 Nm and turn 180° (1/2 turn) further (turning further can be completed in several stages).
T10025 is a special tool designed to counter hold the engine.I have never done the job with out it but the only possible chance to counter hold the engine without the tool would be to take the starter out and use a long screw driver to block the starter ring ,or although you have not much room but could try in the hole for he TDC mark on the gearbox.Rememer to renew the bolt

Many thanks for the prompt reply, I take it the T10025 is a VW tool, I don't suppose you know of any other suppliers please?

adamss24
18-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi, use a big flat screwdriver to hold the flywhell against the bellhousing ! Have a mate hold that well for you and use a big breaker bar for the crank bolt...renew the bolt after !

Beetlefan
20-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks very much for your Help Chaps, I did the job yesterday and all went well, thanks again