PDA

View Full Version : ELSAWin Workshop Manuals on CD/DVD

Desmond.B
29-11-2006, 12:07 AM
I am a new member who drives a 2001 VW Caravelle TDI Variant.

I need some guidance on how to fit a new ignition switch.

Can anyone tell me how useful the ELSAWin CD/DVD manuals are? Would I find detailed instructions for the above job?

It is claimed that they are the same as the dealers use. Is this correct?

They are available at competitive prices on EBAY. Are these pirate copies?

Thanks in anticipation to all who reply,

Desmond

Russellbar01
17-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Bought one on ebay and never recieved it, must chase that up.

Marc97
17-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I bought one on e-bay that said Audi 80 - all models. Trouble is there wasn't one reference to the TDi!!!!!
Bugger still hasn't given me a refund!

As for pirate copies....yes, I would say so. Haven't got a clue how to use it, sorry.

Sam
18-01-2007, 11:06 AM
This is a dodgy subject.

All copies found on ebay are illegal "backup" copies. The software is licensed only for use by VW dealerships. I know of two people who have had their ebay accounts closed for selling these.

The dealerships use them to detail jobs, so basically any job you have to do is covered. They're like a Bentley manual on computer.

You could buy one, but obviously I wouldn't advocate software piracy. If there was one for your particular model, I'd buy a Haynes manual.

I have sent you a PM.

rick
18-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Elsa is the VW audi Bible, tells you how to do everything on every VAG car i use it like 10,000000 times a day lol
but i would not get one off ebay as they are updated all the time and you will be biddin on an illegal copy of old information as stated above they are for dealer use only .. and i work at a dealer so i'm sorted :D

domross
24-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Bought one of these on ebay for an Audi 80 ,absolute c**p ,very limited info so would imagine is either only fore more modern cars or isn't the ful deal.:zx11:

buster
25-03-2007, 12:12 PM
This is a dodgy subject.

All copies found on ebay are illegal "backup" copies. The software is licensed only for use by VW dealerships. I know of two people who have had their ebay accounts closed for selling these.

The dealerships use them to detail jobs, so basically any job you have to do is covered. They're like a Bentley manual on computer.

You could buy one, but obviously I wouldn't advocate software piracy. If there was one for your particular model, I'd buy a Haynes manual.

I have sent you a PM.

I tried to get a haynes manual for my 2000 A6. They don't do one!

I bought a CD vesion from ebay and it didn't load. I am not sure it was a pirate copy but I did get it from Jim Lad productions (Joke)

I now have a late 2001 A6 and still do not have a manual. I would love one if anyone can point me in the right direction.:Blush:

a8 tech
26-06-2007, 09:37 PM
https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do try this for audi and add vw for there elsa.Its not cheap

Ben
30-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Eshrules
30-06-2007, 07:57 PM

colb666
30-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Elsawin takes up a helluva lot of space on your PC ,seem to remember it was around 6gb....I put it on one of my laptops and then removed it cos it was running so slow....Laptop was a 1.8g processor and it was struggling with the program.

gollan
18-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Elsa is the VW audi Bible, tells you how to do everything on every VAG car i use it like 10,000000 times a day lol
but i would not get one off ebay as they are updated all the time and you will be biddin on an illegal copy of old information as stated above they are for dealer use only .. and i work at a dealer so i'm sorted :D

thank you

stuart
18-07-2007, 09:52 PM

The above message says it all, so I am afraid this must be closed, the purchase from ebay or any other download source of ETKA, ETOS or ELSA is illegal, unless you purchase a genuine version with a licence from VAG, and pay the very large annual fee they have to pay for it's use;)

You can purchase repair manuals or download official manuals and technical data from http://www.bentleypublishers.com/ ;)

Sorry

Stuart