PDA

View Full Version : Bad Back

hitachizx
17-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I currently run a 2006 1.9s estate for work. I cover around 50000 miles a year. Ever since i have had the car i have suffered from neck and back pain i put this down to long term problems following an accident which wrote my previous passat off. A colleague of mine has recently taken delivery of the same model and has also started suffering similar problems. I recently tried a long journey in my wifes 2007 Golf GTI Edition 30 and did not get anywhere near the same amount of pain. My conclusion from this is that the S model passat seat is not the best for covering long journeys there is no lumber adjustment and the seat base does not tilt back of forward. Has anyone else sufferd from this problem. I wont have to suffer this problem for to much longer as i am changing to the new mercedes C class C220 estate.

tommyweaves
19-03-2008, 07:28 AM
I have a 2.0tdi SE which I got in Dec 05, and have now covered 55k miles. I questioned the same thing about the seats as I developed lower back issues. It seems to have resolved itself now (maybe I've adjusted my posture?), but I did ask the question......is it the car?