PDA

View Full Version : Put deposit on an Eos - now freaking out!

Poopedmummy
17-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi all

Stumbled across this site whilst looking at Eos pics (saddo!!) cos I was sooo excited about getting my 2.0 TDi Sport - Shadow Blue - Cornsilk Beige Nappa leather - THEN - I read all the complaints about leaking, condensation, boot locking, windows opening and thought OMG! WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Please - can someone reassure me? :(

This will be the nicest car I've ever owned and I thought I'd really treated myself - maybe not!

Thanks

~x~

Poopedmummy
18-03-2008, 08:51 AM
So....people reading but not replying? Didn't sleep well last night.....worried!

Ah well.....

MalcQV
18-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I say don't worry. You do hear more bad than good, which is why probably 90% of people come on forums. I reckon for every leaky/bad one there are 10 good ones. Look forward to your car.

Anyhow lets face they do look the business :bigok:

Poopedmummy
18-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your reply :D

I have done a bit more research on maintaining the seals and have asked the dealer to ensure that the seals have been treated before I accept the car. There are some detailed photos around to show how/where to apply it so I guessI'll just have to make sure I do it regularly.

Beige leather interior....hmmmm....I have a 5 yr old....I've decided I'm just going to put him in a bag every time he's in the car!;)

Poopedmummy
18-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I've just joined www.vweosclub.com (http://www.vweosclub.com) cos that seems a bit busier.

Bye!

MalcQV
18-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I've just joined www.vweosclub.com (http://www.vweosclub.com) cos that seems a bit busier.

Bye!

You have just left the best VAG forum....:p, however see my sig.

Poopedmummy
19-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm still here really.....sssshhhhh

Sam
19-03-2008, 10:29 AM
As Malc says, people mainly come online to bitch and moan about their cars or to find help for issues they may be having.

I know two EOS owners, both love their cars and have no problems whatsoever.

Stick around and when you take delivery, you can tell us how wonderful it is.

Poopedmummy
19-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Will do! Should be sometime next week. You're right.....I've now heard far more positive comments than negative and I don't feel at all concerned now. I s'pose it was down to part of me feeling a little selfish for spending so much money on myself (although of course, I will LET OH drive it......sometimes) and then worrying that it may have been a mistake.

Just looking forward to it now...

~x~

MalcQV
19-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Don't worry about spoiling yourself, if you can then do This is no Dress Rehearsal as they say.

Poopedmummy
19-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree. My littlest bro says that when he talks about his M3! I'm only just starting to think like that but I have to be careful....have to know where to draw the line between having what I want and being in debt for the rest of my life! :D

MalcQV
19-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I gave worrying about debt, can't take any of it with you. Mind you Mrs QV does not agree :p

Poopedmummy
19-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I can't stand debt! Absolutely DETEST interest too! I tend to spend all my time planning how & when I can pay it off...spreadsheets n everything!

MalcQV
19-03-2008, 01:50 PM
:p Even Mrs QV does not quite go that far, though it is all written down on old fashioned pieces of paper despite us both using technology in our jobs.

Poopedmummy
19-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Am I able to change the title of my thread....now that I'm no longer freaking out? lol

MalcQV
19-03-2008, 01:57 PM
No only the Moderators can do that. PM one e.g. mycarsavw and tell him what you want.

BTW we will expect pictures :D

Poopedmummy
19-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I think I'll just start another thread as and when I hear when I'm going to get the car.

Can't wait!

Sam
19-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Start another thread nearer the time - the more posts you have the clevererer you look :D

Glad you've changed your opinion. Just seeing one makes me smile - nice looking cars

MalcQV
20-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Start another thread nearer the time - the more posts you have the cleverer you look :D

Glad you've changed your opinion. Just seeing one makes me smile - nice looking cars

Cos you have more than me :D. However you theory is proved entirely wrong as I have over 2000 :p

Are just reread it, you said look cleverer

Sam
20-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Cos you have more than me :D. However you theory is proved entirely wrong as I have over 2000 :p

Are just reread it, you said look cleverer

Liquid lunch Malc? :p

STEWY L
21-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for your reply :D

I have done a bit more research on maintaining the seals and have asked the dealer to ensure that the seals have been treated before I accept the car. There are some detailed photos around to show how/where to apply it so I guessI'll just have to make sure I do it regularly.

Beige leather interior....hmmmm....I have a 5 yr old....I've decided I'm just going to put him in a bag every time he's in the car!;)
white chocolate may help;)
enjoy the car,lucky so and so.

neh321
26-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Bye!

I read them both!
Don't worry at all about your choice. You've only seen the (relatively) small number of people who've had problems and want to share them.

I've had my Eos since July 06 with barely a problem to mention! No leaks, few rattles. Just a couple of very minor problems put right by the dealer straight away and not worth mentioning.

Every drive in my Eos is a highlight!

amfrench
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Live in Queensland, Australia - just driven Eos through a very wet and humid summer and regularly go through the carwash with no leaks or problems at all (always have aircon on even with heat = climate control auto). I have not treated the seals and have had the car for 8 months - 17000kms - with no problems at all with condensation, leaks, malfunctions or anything at all to complain about. It is the coolest car in the world in my opinion and I would not trade it for anything.

Incidentally, I have the Individual leather interior with the cream and black seats and you have to be very careful of the cream leather - recommend regular (monthly or so) clean with basic soap and water and then three monthly clean and condition with good quality leather product such as Zaino products (USA origin).... and you can source Krytox oil if you do your homework to condition your seals annually or so...

Good luck, and you will have no regrets. Welcome to the coolest car in the world and enjoy!

Anthony
2007 Eos 2.0TDi Wheat Beige with Individual and BiXenons

Poopedmummy
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks for that! I've had my car since last Thursday and had no problems so far. I have ordered the Krytox though.

Loving it so far :D

~x~

Poopedmummy
08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Anyone topless this morning?

Sam
08-04-2008, 09:53 AM
What!?!

You have the car and you haven't told us all about it?!

Topless you say :naughty:

neh321
08-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Anyone topless this morning?

What? At 4 degrees? Do you want us to catch pneumonia?!

Poopedmummy
08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
I tried logging on before but when I put the details in I got the window that said Thank you for logging in Poopedmummy and then went straight back to the window asking me for my login details again :confused: Very frustrating!

Yes, I got my car last Thursday and was soooo pleased that it was lovely all day Friday so I could be topless all day ;) I plan to be topless as much as possible - even if it's freezing! I'll just put my deflector up, bum warmers on and heating :p

~x~

EO51LUV
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Got mine back from the dealers on Friday. Have had the top off 3 times already (including this afternoon). It's great as long as you have the wind deflector behind you and the heater on - it's what having an EOS is all about.
Looks like it'll be going back to them soon though. They've fitted new boot seals twice but still a small leak and now the windows don't close after putting the top back on - I have to use the window button. Most problems are dealer originated - I think that the monkeys they employ either 'don't know how to', 'can't do' or just plain 'don't really care'.
This is the first 'proper' car I've owned and it's one of the best looking of the CCs. It's just a shame that there are these little niggles (and the 6 weeks in the workshops to date).
That aside, you should be okay with a new one based on the threads from newer owners.

Mine is a 2.0 T-Fsi Sport first registered mid June 2006 and was the demo for the first 2500 miles. I bought it late July and eventually got it 8th August 'cause they didn't know how to fit the Tracker. Then they damaged the panel fixings so they all came loose. Oh and they didn't register the Tracker or pay the Lifetime membership. I eventually contacted VW HQ in Jan '07 out of desperation as after numerous visits and calls I decided that I couldn't trust the dealer. VW HQ then wrote telling me that the dealer told them that they had now paid and I assumed that they had. Jan this year I decided to ring Tracker to find it still hadn't been paid. Back on to VW at Milton Keynes and it was eventually paid in Feb this year. You just can't trust anyone. I won't name the dealer but the local rugby team is now called Wolves (used to be Wires).

Loved the car from the moment I got it. It was great being the only EOS owner for miles around at the time and especially with the reg. no. EO51LUV. Still love it to bits despite the problems.

Anyway, hope you have lots of fun and enjoyment with your new toy - I do when I've got it.

Poopedmummy
09-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Cool registration! Mine's April 07.

Top down this morning at 4 degrees! My son (5 yrs old) was all togged up, gloves and shades on :drive:.

Glorious blue skies.......:D

Have a good day all
~x~