PDA

View Full Version : A turning cirlcle question

topbloke
17-03-2008, 06:56 PM
A4 turning circle question
I just bought an 08 A4 2.0 TDI S line. It's my first Audi and I love it. I've noticed 2 things and wonder if it is normal with A4's? So wonder if any of you older audi heads can help?:1zhelp:

1) when in a car park and driving on full right lock there is a slight knocking noise - is this normal for S-lines? wheel rub in arches? I've noticed it going up ramps in the multi storey as well.

2) the central locking is quite noisy when I unlcok it (more noisy than when i lock it)

I know these things are minor, but wondered if there was any advice before I go back to the garage and look a t*t.

Any help greatly rcv'd

cheers.

Hatstand66
21-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I have the same problem on my Audi A4 apparantly it is due to the rack, take it back to the dealer as it is soon to be subject to a recall

topbloke
25-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks Hatstand.....whats a rack?

Hatstand66
25-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Its part of the steering arrangement. This website probably explains it better than I can. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/steering2.htm

topbloke
25-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks hatstand, I'll give Audi a call tomorrow and get it sorted. It's pretty disappointing though...the car was brand new on 1st mar 08.

Cheers for yor help

TopBloke

Hatstand66
25-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes, I must admit to be a little disappointed myself, I bought my 2.0 TDi SLine used in February and was only 13 months old, I took it back for Audi to have a look at the windscreen to polish out a few dinks that I had just noticed, it was then that I was told that it was already subject to two recalls one of which they did while they had the car, then I mentioned in passing about the knocking whilst doing low speed manoevres, which was when I was told about the rack problem. So now I am waiting for a call for two jobs each of which I will be without my car for 2 days

shaziman
30-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Theres a current recall on EGR cooler gaskets. They can leak and you'll lose all your coolant!