PDA

View Full Version : New A3 clutch stuck down

PEN71
17-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi, I have just bought a 2008 new Audi A3 Sport, 1.9tdi manual. It has just done 100 miles and it has been towed back to the dealer after the clutch got stuck down and I was unable to change gear. I was just about to change up from second into third gear when the clutch pedal got stuck down. I free-wheeled to a stop at the side of the road, then tried to release the pedal, I managed to get it to come up but then you still couldn't use it as it was too hard to press down again. I called the RAC out and he got in it and pushed the pedal down with force and it went down with quite a loud noise. It still wasn't working, nor could he get it in to gear. He towed it in to the dealer on Sat pm. I haven't heard from them yet. It bothers me that this could happen to a car just two days old, and if I hadn't been driving slowly at the time, it could have been very dangerous. Any suggestions, what could have happened and why? Any help much appreciated, thanks.

MickCheese
18-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds like a blockage or breakage in the hydraulics.

At least it is under warranty.

Let us know how you get on, I'm interested.

Mick Shorter
27-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi, I have just bought a 2008 new Audi A3 Sport, 1.9tdi manual. It has just done 100 miles and it has been towed back to the dealer after the clutch got stuck down and I was unable to change gear. I was just about to change up from second into third gear when the clutch pedal got stuck down. I free-wheeled to a stop at the side of the road, then tried to release the pedal, I managed to get it to come up but then you still couldn't use it as it was too hard to press down again. I called the RAC out and he got in it and pushed the pedal down with force and it went down with quite a loud noise. It still wasn't working, nor could he get it in to gear. He towed it in to the dealer on Sat pm. I haven't heard from them yet. It bothers me that this could happen to a car just two days old, and if I hadn't been driving slowly at the time, it could have been very dangerous. Any suggestions, what could have happened and why? Any help much appreciated, thanks.

I lost the pedal on my 2003 2.0 TDI which had done 97K.. I had the clutch assy and slave cylinder changed but it turned out to be the master cylinder that was at fault as the new clutch could not be bled.
It's lucky yours is under warranty as your description of force and noise combined does not sound good.. All that work cost £500 and was complete in a day