PDA

View Full Version : Drivers electric mirror ?

TROJAN
16-03-2008, 09:47 PM
03 Octavia tdi estate.

The drivers side electric wing mirror does not move at all. When the left side is selected the left mirror moves as it should. When the right side is selected the left side moves but the right side doesn't. I understand that they work the same as VWs when right is selected both mirrors move but the right one just doesn't move. Would it be switch or mirror, Any ideas????

kernotim
24-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Had the same problem with my Jan 2004 mk1 Octavia 1.9 TDI Estate.
Turned out to be a module circuit board within the door. It controls mirror, window and central locking for the drivers door. It seems it is prone to water ingress. Mine was replaced under warranty although still had to pay £80 labour.

TROJAN
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Nice one kernotim, i am going to have a look this weekend (if it ever stops raining long enough). Thanks a lot, Trojan

tootricky
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Nice one kernotim, i am going to have a look this weekend (if it ever stops raining long enough). Thanks a lot, Trojan
Any update on this? I have the same problem with my 03 vRS. Also, the driver's door does not lock on the remote and the LED does not flash. I am assuming the issues are all related? The guys at the garage have tried replacing a couple of parts, the last one seemed to be a small motor with an ECu fitted - looked like a hairdryer :) - but to no avail. Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers/Nic