PDA

View Full Version : Speedo and revcounter problems

Johan
16-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi
I have an Audi A4 1.8 1996. The speedo and revcounter works perfectly when I start the car early in the morning when it is colder, but as soon as I turn it off again, the speedo only vibrates at around 0 km/h and the rev counter is dead for the rest of the day. Everything else works fine. Any help would be appreciated

REMO
17-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi
I have an Audi A4 1.8 1996. The speedo and revcounter works perfectly when I start the car early in the morning when it is colder, but as soon as I turn it off again, the speedo only vibrates at around 0 km/h and the rev counter is dead for the rest of the day. Everything else works fine. Any help would be appreciated

hi i had the same problem with mine the clocks need to be changed,ie best bet second hand, new they are about £230 from audi, make sure the part number on the back of the clocks match plus the letter at the end too else they wont fit this part number starts with 8DO when you find matching clocks it will need to be coded to your car. hope this helps. ste

Johan
20-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks, I suspected something like that, just hoped there was a cheaper solution.