PDA

View Full Version : "30-130mph Hot Hatch Day!"

Shins
16-03-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon2.gif "30-130mph Hot Hatch Day!"
Ok guy’s, told ya I’d be back!http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Right, I’ve got a 30-130mph day arranged, which will be held at Elvington (York) on 14th July 2008. This event is being run to give a good real world indication as to how powerful your car really is from 30 to 130mph, running through the gears and running from 4th gear , with the option of doing a top speed run too! Noise limit is 103db. I’m after 5 of your cars initially and will put up a reserve list, as more may be needed, so first come, first served!http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Times and cost to be confirmed but you’ll be looking at a full day and ranging from £50-90. I will be posting this on a lot of hot hatch sites with hopefully a turn out of the following cars:

Golf GTi
Astra VXR
Focus RS
Focus ST
Alfa GTA
Seat Cupra R
Meganesport
Honda DC2
Honda DC5
Honda CTR

Cars will be run with racelogic timing gear and your car will also be able to be weighed on the day too!

Ideally I would like a minimum of 3 cars ranging from: standard – mildly modified – high BHP but alas, any will do!

I feel this should appeal to everyone, being that all participants will be of the fwd variety, all car lovers and you can take back all the info to your own forums/sites to give others an idea about your cars performance and how they stack up against other hot hatches too! If this is a success, then I will run this twice a year and change the format to spice things up, also it should be cheaper too!

Thankyou for your time!:beerchug:

Rod

Shins
16-03-2008, 09:02 PM
2 on list already (VR6 and ED30) so only 3 spaces left!;)

Shins
16-03-2008, 11:06 PM
3 now, got another ED30 and none on this site!:biglaugh:

Come on guy's, must be someone with a MK V Golf GTi that wants to participate?:confused:

mrtinit
30-03-2008, 07:44 PM
ive got a golf gttdi if interested 130 variety:D

devonutopia
02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Starting 4th at 30mph? Mine's so off-boost then it is scary! I would need to be in at least 3rd gear. See my dyno video for what my car does trying to make progress from low in the rev range. :D

Makefish
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm interested in this. From what I can make out this is on a Monday, is that right?

I have a modified '07 Octavia vRS

Shins
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm interested in this. From what I can make out this is on a Monday, is that right?

I have a modified '07 Octavia vRS

That'll be just fine.

Meeting tomorrow with people to finalise everything, so will post new thread with all info very soon!;)

Mrtinit please don't take this the wrong way but there are some concerns on standard forms of the cars above not being fast enough, I'm pretty sure a 130TDi will defo not reach the required 130mph mark in the allocated time!

LIST

ED30 x 2
VR6
Makefish

Makefish
09-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Any more news on this ie. what/who's cars you have confirmed etc. Would like to know so I can book the a day off work.

poppet
11-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi sounds like a fun day! My seat tdi 130 is up 4 it.
Right, I’ve got a 30-130mph day arranged, which will be held at Elvington (York) on 14th July 2008. This event is being run to give a good real world indication as to how powerful your car really is from 30 to 130mph, running through the gears and running from 4th gear , with the option of doing a top speed run too! Noise limit is 103db. I’m after 5 of your cars initially and will put up a reserve list, as more may be needed, so first come, first served!http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Times and cost to be confirmed but you’ll be looking at a full day and ranging from £50-90. I will be posting this on a lot of hot hatch sites with hopefully a turn out of the following cars:

Golf GTi
Astra VXR
Focus RS
Focus ST
Alfa GTA
Seat Cupra R
Meganesport
Honda DC2
Honda DC5
Honda CTR

Cars will be run with racelogic timing gear and your car will also be able to be weighed on the day too!

Ideally I would like a minimum of 3 cars ranging from: standard – mildly modified – high BHP but alas, any will do!

I feel this should appeal to everyone, being that all participants will be of the fwd variety, all car lovers and you can take back all the info to your own forums/sites to give others an idea about your cars performance and how they stack up against other hot hatches too! If this is a success, then I will run this twice a year and change the format to spice things up, also it should be cheaper too!

Thankyou for your time!:beerchug:

Rod

Shins
12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Ok, quick update, everything is ready to roll on this but we have taken the decision to wait until mid May to release all the details, as Elvington are in court over db issues, we feel it is only right that everything is spot on when we finally post everything up!http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Makefish
14-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Looking forward to it, want to give the Octy a good name ;)

Makefish
28-04-2008, 02:31 PM
:bump: any news on this, all seems a bit too quiet? :confused:

Sam
28-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Ok, quick update, everything is ready to roll on this but we have taken the decision to wait until mid May to release all the details, as Elvington are in court over db issues, we feel it is only right that everything is spot on when we finally post everything up!http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

See the above quote.

mid May....court over....etc

Makefish
28-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah I saw that AFTER posting, sorry! :o

blue monday
29-04-2008, 12:15 PM
If you need a standard MkV GTI i may make myself available - will we get to do 0-60 runs too?

Shins
05-05-2008, 09:51 PM
If you need a standard MkV GTI i may make myself available - will we get to do 0-60 runs too?

No, just 30-130mph but a MKV GTi would be good to have along yes, as said above, just waiting on court details before launching this day!;)

Makefish
23-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Nearing the end of May now..................................any news?

Shins
01-06-2008, 06:02 AM
There is a problem with this at the moment but we are working on solving it so this can still go ahead!;)

Hurdy
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Hmmm. I might see if I can get to this. Is it a spectator event too?

If not I will need plenty of pics of the day.

Makefish
05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I take it this has died a death or is there still hope of resurecting this?

Shins
09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Still hope, whatever the outcome I'll update the threads, I haven't forgotten!;)

Shins
25-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Right, done some hard work phoning/asking/arguing around, unfortunately this won't be happening this year but we haven't given up hope, the search is on-going and we are determined to hopefully have somewhere next year.

I will post up a new thread once it is ready, sorry for this but it is becoming harder to get venues to support these kind of events but as said, we feel very confident this will happen next year!:naughty: