View Full Version : 'Fragile' TT

steve.davidpotter
28-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi

Have a 4 year old TT roadster 225

Love the car but it costs me a fortune to keep mending

Would be interested to hear from other owners

Here are just a few of my problems

Dash panel replaced twice (£700) and showing signs of problems again ( did manage to get money back from Audi after Watchdog featured this problem on TV) this also effects the fuel gauge, have run out a couple of times when showing 100 miles plus left

Window / door lock. The roadsters window drops down 10mm when you open door and also raises when you shut door, this is so that window seals nicely against roof, problem is one frosty day I opened door and because the window couldnt drop it messed up the whole system - another £400

Cluth pedal broke off while I was driving (apparently a very common failure as Audi keeps plenty of stock of spare pedals)

Wears out the insides of the front tyres at an alarming rate even though everything is supposedly set up right - this is not the result of 'silly' driving

Steve

Gavin78
28-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Steve,

I have heard plenty of horror stories regarding the questionable reliability of the TT. My friend has just bought a 'cheap' 2000 'x' 225 roadster which had apparently spapped it's cam belt (hence the cheap bit!). After a few hours of pulling the engine bay appart last weekend the belt was fount to be intact however, on closer inspection we found several teeth off the cam belt in the bottom of the cam cover - these teeth had essentially been stripped off by the crank pully with obvious consequences. This is apparently more common than I would immagine, especially since the car had only covered 53k miles and the recommended change period is 80k miles!!!!

nickasaki
30-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi Steve, you do seem to be having a few teething problems:confused: all i can suggest is for you to join the TT-forum.co.uk all of the problems you are having are answered and lots more besides i.e the window drop problem could have been prevented if you were to clean the seals and then apply a silicon grease (doesn't freeze) . There are a lot of people ready to help in any way they can:biglaugh: