PDA

View Full Version : '94 100 avant R.I.P

Dannorman
16-03-2008, 03:28 AM
My lovely old 2.5 TDI is done for. I went off a sharp bend last weekend due to a thin layer of diesel over the road. :(I was only doing about 30 on a wet road, but when I turned the wheel she just carried straight on out of the apex of the bend and didn't stop until she hit a Cornish hedge straight on (granite) . It was the most comfortable crash I have ever had , front crumpled like a test car, procon ten did it's thing, pulled the steering in, the lot. Car is stuffed. Straight from the front wheels back though. Anyone want any bits?

It's a total loss, only got TPF&T insurance, nobody to blame, nobody I can get my hands on anyway.:zx11:

Guess I'll have to break it and sell it in bits.
Been scouring ebay hoping to find one with a blown engine or that had been tail-ended but to no avail so far. Such a shame, best car I ever had....

Does anyone know if the 2.5 will go into an 80, seem to be a lot more of them about.

scotty33
16-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Sorry about your loss,

there was an A6 with cambelt snapped on E bay last week, I'm sure there will be another soon?
Also another post on here, guy has a scored bore.

You could probably get the 2.5 in an 80. Would need some 90 or 5 cylinder coupe parts to get it mounted and the radiator sits alongside the engine in the 5 cyl. Considering that option myself for the coupe with the price of fuel these days!
If you do sell it I may be interested if a 140hp model?

Dannorman
18-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Cheers Scotty. Still not sure what to do with it.
It's sitting outside my house looking very sad.

That one on ebay was way up in Scotland somewhere wasn't it?
Too far away for me.
Thing is, the 5 pot is such a good engine they hardly ever go wrong.