PDA

View Full Version : power cutting out momentarily on nav, radio, cd's, DVD's

albertatess
15-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I have a q7 with some MMI issues. The power cuts out intermittently on all the mmi systems. It started within a month of ownership (April 07) and I'm still dealing with it. Audi updated the MMI and this seemed to work for a few months but the problem is back.
Any suggestions?
:(

frizz
15-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Albertatess,
I had the same thing with my Q7. Intermittent Fault with, Sat Nav, radio, CD player to name a few. Took it in to my local dealer who replaced the bluetooth module that is located under the drivers seat. About a four hour job. Seems Ok now.
Frizz.

albertatess
15-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Frizz

Car goes in Thursday-I've printed your email.
Much appreciated.:)

Qcut
19-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Welcome both! :biglaugh: This forum is badly in need of some new Q7 owning members!

demo1977
08-12-2008, 03:37 PM
thanks, Frizz

Car Goes In Thursday-i've Printed Your Email.
Much Appreciated.:)
Was It The Bluetooth Causing The Problems ? I Have The Same Problem Now!

albertatess
08-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi.

After a year of back & forths to the shop they finally have found the fault.

It was a faulty AMI-which I never used but it was messing with the whole system.

It's been 4 months with no issues...YAY!!!

moochofun
16-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and Audi ownership - I'm a long time BMW fan (quiet in the back there) but after the want for a decent 4x4 the X5 & RR Sport didn't tick the boxes so Audi beckond with the Q7 - awesome machine and totally love it....except for the intermittent fault which you mention. My car is about a month old and has done it only a couple of times, admittedly the first time was within the few days of ownership.

From the responses on here it looks like it could be either the bluetooth prep or the AMI install, both of which my cars has.... I planned to make mention of it at its first service or before if it got too annoying.... It only does it momentarily prior to restoring itself to its normal greatness.... I will keep this in mind for what seems to be an efficient dealer so far....

Ta