PDA

View Full Version : rcd 300 radio

herb
14-03-2008, 04:36 PM
going on from my last query regarding speakers...I have an RCD300 radio with MP3..as the vehicle has been declared as only having front speakers, there is no provision on the menu for the fader key...how is this radio set up for the speaker config? i.e. front or front/back..is it software or hardware or are there two types of rcd300 i would not think so, but you never know with VW.

Any VW technicians out there? any help would be appreciated.

kingjacob
21-03-2008, 10:32 AM
niceeeeeeeeee................

herb
21-03-2008, 11:38 AM
And I thought this was an intelligent Forum!!!!!

onzarob
21-03-2008, 11:08 PM
niceeeeeeeeee................

And I thought this was an intelligent Forum!!!!!

Thats very helpful chaps:(

nigel_f
22-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Your unit is coded for 2 speakers only if that's all you have, so the fader option is hidden. You need to change the coding using VAG-COM to enable the rear speaker connections.

herb
23-04-2008, 01:26 PM
thanks nigel, I thought somehow it would involve a change in the radio coding, however I am still unsure whether this EOS with the rcd300 basic setup should have rear speakers or not! seems strange not to have them...will try the local friendly VW garage for some advice.....many thanks

nigel_f
23-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Well herb....

according to the current price list for the EOS it's supposed to have the RCD300 and four speakers as standard.

My wife's Golf Plus has the RCD300 with just two speakers and the sound is totally Sh*te!

On the other hand my EOS with Dynaudio is superb! Suggest you upgrade to RNS-510 and Dynaudio which is just a brilliant combo....

Cheers
Nigel

grahamwaugh
03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks nigel, I thought somehow it would involve a change in the radio coding, however I am still unsure whether this EOS with the rcd300 basic setup should have rear speakers or not! seems strange not to have them...will try the local friendly VW garage for some advice.....many thanks

Hi Herb, What did you end up doing about the (lack of) rear speakers? I need to do something about same prob as sound is indeed cr*p, to say the least! Would appreciate your advice