PDA

View Full Version : XCarLink

MrGimlet
14-03-2008, 03:01 PM
does anyone have experience of these? I have looked at the site and have a couple of questions (as i always take what i read on sites like this with a pinch of salt):

does it / can it come with a cradle for the new ipod classic?

does it interfere with the audi phone prep (05 A4)?

can you set it so that you can still use the display on the ipod (as the id3 tags aren't transmitted to the audi display)?

Cheers!!!

exaisle
26-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi. I bought one of these for my Passat/Beta radio on ebay from China(ok...call me a thrillseeker!). Although it took a while to arrive (supplier said they were out of stock), it took me all of about 20 minutes to get it working and I'm well pleased with it.

Advantages: Easy to install, comes with Radio Removal tool, easy to operate. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Audio quality is very good....but ultimately determined by the sample rate of MP3 on the keyfob or SD card.

Disadvantages(nothing major or insurmountable): The price does not include the memory stick or card but it does come with an adapter to allow you to connect an SD card into the USB port. Newer versions have a dedicated SD port. You must use a USB 2.0 keyfob formatted to FAT32. I mistakenly tried an older keyfob and the unit defaulted to CD6 Track 60....apparantly this is a default if the unit cannot read the media...so be warned! Also, you have to set up folders named CD01, CD02...up to CD06 in the case of the Beta radio as this can only see six cds.

Any questions, please feel free to ask, but suffice to say that I'd recommend the item.

DR

Sam
26-03-2008, 07:18 PM
They are one of our supporting companies.

See my signature link for their details