PDA

View Full Version : T4 diesel firing sequence

Black Angus
14-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know the firing sequence on a T4 2,4d, 5 cylinder? I have starting problems, most likely glow-plugs. I've noticed that white smoke comes out of the left exhaust a long time before the right one, so I'm also wondering whivh cylinders to which exhaust. May be a good indication of which glow-plugs are duff. Cheers

kenney
14-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi 1-2-4-5-3 and you would have to be Hudini to get the firing order wrong,i would say it was impossible to connect the injector pipes wrongly.But there again you never know.Cant understand where you get the left and right exhaust pipes from unless you mean the twin tail pipe on the rear silencer? Anyway you can forget about the firing order,and concentrate on the glow plugs or the basic timing.

Black Angus
16-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi 1-2-4-5-3 and you would have to be Hudini to get the firing order wrong,i would say it was impossible to connect the injector pipes wrongly.But there again you never know.Cant understand where you get the left and right exhaust pipes from unless you mean the twin tail pipe on the rear silencer? Anyway you can forget about the firing order,and concentrate on the glow plugs or the basic timing.
Thanks Kenny. I was in fact referring to to the twin tail pipe on the rear silencer. It just seemed curious that smoke would come out of one and not the other.