PDA

View Full Version : Drive Shaft oil seal

john.learmonth@
14-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I need to replace the oil seal on the drive shaft/gear box nearside, but I need WW tools number 3109 and 201, where can I buy or borrow these?

Crasher
14-03-2008, 02:50 PM
You can do it without those tools. The flange often springs off when the circlip is removed and if it doesn’t, it can be tapped off from behind and tapped back on after so you don't need VW201. If the flange does pop off under spring pressure I suggest you fit a new flange as the poor fit on the splines is what causes the oil leak and refitting a loose flange can be a trial without VW201. If you want the tools, you need a cooperative parts person at a VW dealer.

john.learmonth@
14-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I need to replace the oil seal on the drive shaft/gear box nearside, but I need WW tools number 3109 and 201, where can I buy or borrow these?

Thanks I will give that a try.

mr brightside
16-03-2008, 01:28 AM
if you want to save more money get the dimensions of the oil seal by reading them off the side and go to your nearest bearing shop. vw have silly mark-ups on parts like oil seals!

john.learmonth@
23-03-2008, 05:15 PM
if you want to save more money get the dimensions of the oil seal by reading them off the side and go to your nearest bearing shop. VW have silly mark-ups on parts like oil seals!

" I already have a new oils seal , removing and fitting was my problem.