PDA

View Full Version : Audi Multitronic Gear Box

DALTON
14-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT AUDI CAN'T FIX THEIR PROBLEMS WITH THE MULTITRONIC GEAR BOX. IT HAD IT ALREADUY FOR ALMOST A DECADE IN PRODUCTION BUT IT STILL DOES NOT LAST.
AT AUDI IT WAS KNOWN FOR AS LONG AS THEY HAD THE MULTITRONIC THAT IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND INSPITE OF THAT THEY WERE MARKETING THEIR "TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE"!

THEY ALSO CLAIM THAT HEY HAVE A "TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE" COMPARED TO THEIR COMPETITORS...HA,HA,HA!! I HAD AN A6 FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS AND IT HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE GEAR BOX STRAIGHT FROM THE START! IN SPITE OF MANY VISITS TO A DEALERS GARAGE THEY DID NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING AND EXPLAINES TO ME THAT THEY CAN'T FIND ANYTHING AND THAT THE CAR FUNCTIONS "NORMALLY"!

"NORMALLY" FOR AUDI IT MEANS THAT OCCASIONALLY THE GEAR BOX LOOSES POWER, IT "THINKS" FOR SOME TIME UNTIL IT CATCHES OR ONE GETS A "JUMP" START....NOT TO MENTION SHAKING WHEN ACCELERATING!!

MY CAR'S GEAR BOX HAS BEEN SO FAR ALREADY TWICE "REPAIRED" , AND IT STILL DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY. ACCORDING TO THE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT OF THE GERMAN "ADAC" DEALERS HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO AVOID FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE ANY COSTLY REPAIRS...AND "PATCH" THE PROBLEMS SO THAT THE CARS AGAIN FUNCTIONS FOR SOME TIME....UNTIL THE GUARANTY EXPIRES IF THAT DOES NOT HELP THEN THEY HAVE THE PERMISSION TO REPLACE THE GEAR BOX WHICH THE FACTORY SUPPLIES FREE OF CHARGE. IF THE CAR IS NOT OLDER THAN 3 YEARS THEY DO ALSO THE WHOLE SERVICE FOR FREE...LATER THEY WANT TO HAVE 50% OF THE COSTS PAID BY THE CUSTOMER!!!

ACCORDING TO "ADAC" UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2004 AUDI HAD THIS (ORIGINAL) DEFECT GEAR BOX IN PRODUCTION. THEY REPLACED IT WITH A "MODIFIED" VERSION WHICH HAS ACCORDING TO "AUTOBILD YEAR REPORT" STILL THE SAME PROBLEMS (READ THE REPORTS). HOWEVER AUDI DID NOT OFFER ANYTHING TO THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD AN AUDI WITH A DEFECT GEAR BOX.

AT AUDI THEY FINALLY SAID TO ME THAT THEY HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THESES GEAR BOXES BUT AS LONG AS THEY SOMEHOW "FUNCTION" THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING....

INSTEAD OF PUTTING THE MONY IN DEVELOPMENT OF A FUNCTIONING GEAR BOX AND TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT ALREADY HAD BOUGHT AN AUDI.....AUDI EUROPE STARTED IN DECEMBER 2007 (IN GERMANY) A VERY EXPENSIVE CAMPAIN WHERE THEY TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT FROM NOW ON THEY WILL TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS....ABOUT THEIR QUALITY AND MORE OF THIS KIND OF CRAP!!!

AS LONG AS THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT THEY WILL NOT IMPROVE THEIR BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS AND MULTITRONIC IS STILL NOT A REALLY FUNCTIONING SOLUTION!:zx11::aargh4:

Peter D
14-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Your first posting SHOUTED all the way through, then you posted again in BOLD SHOUTING. Cool it with the upper case. Regards Peter

DALTON
14-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Your first posting SHOUTED all the way through, then you posted again in BOLD SHOUTING. Cool it with the upper case. Regards Peter

if you have nothing else to do go to some other site, please!

Peter D
14-03-2008, 01:44 PM
SHOUTING is considered on all Forums to be just that 'RUDE' and offensive on the eyes, like many otheres I did not read you posting as it was in my face. If you are looking for help you're going about it the wrong way. Regards Peter

DALTON
14-03-2008, 02:07 PM
i think that i am in title to "shout" after all that i went through during the past 4 years ...i have been very polite so far with audi but now i do not see any reason for that anymore and i want to give this matter as much as publicity as possible.
next time read first and then judge!

Crasher
14-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Ladies, ladies, handbags down please! The Multichronic is a joke, a bad one.

Peter D
14-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Notice noboby is responding to you and soon you will be off the radar. I wonder why ??? Regards Peter

Crasher
14-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Who's that then, me or Dalton?:D

Peter D
15-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Dalton.

paul b
15-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Dalton, one thing to bear in mind. We are mere Audi enthusiasts, we have bothing to do with Audi in terms of partners etc. I hear a lot of sad stories about the multitronic, and I agree it needs sorting. Good luck with any solution you may find.
Let this be the end of the shouting and screaming lads!

masonj
15-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I Think That I Am In Title To "shout" After All That I Went Through During The Past 4 Years ...i Have Been Very Polite So Far With Audi But Now I Do Not See Any Reason For That Anymore And I Want To Give This Matter As Much As Publicity As Possible.
Next Time Read First And Then Judge!

Yes, but we are not Audi and if you want help from us be polite.

DALTON
10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Dalton, one thing to bear in mind. We are mere Audi enthusiasts, we have bothing to do with Audi in terms of partners etc. I hear a lot of sad stories about the multitronic, and I agree it needs sorting. Good luck with any solution you may find.
Let this be the end of the shouting and screaming lads!
:aargh4: i will scream as much as i want paul b....if you enthusiasts are paying for bad merchandise that audi is selling and supporting that "technological advantage" you are all succers! if you pay for so called quality you should also get it.
what the hell are you so "enthusiat" about??
:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::a argh4:

Crasher
10-04-2008, 04:10 PM
The brand is more than the sum of its parts and that is what we are enthusiasts over, no other mainstream manufacturer has the following that VAG enjoys. Yes they are experiencing quality problems; it is due to them trying to stay in business whilst still making cars in Europe.

stuart
10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
:aargh4:I WILL SCREAM AS MUCH AS I WANT PAUL B....IF YOU ENTHUSIASTS ARE PAYING FOR BAD MERCHANDISE THAT AUDI IS SELLING AND SUPPORTING THAT "TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE" YOU ARE ALL SUCCERS! IF YOU PAY FOR SO CALLED QUALITY YOU SHOULD ALSO GET IT.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SO "ENTHUSIAT" ABOUT??:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aa rgh4::aargh4:

So far, you have had no responce.... As already stated CAPITAL letters are classed as rude.....

If you want a reply, ask in a better manner, or as your own words say in an earlier posat... "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO GO TO SOME OTHER SITE, PLEASE!"

DALTON
10-04-2008, 04:50 PM
How Much Is Audi Paying You For Abotaging This Forum?

Crasher
10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

masonj
10-04-2008, 05:39 PM
OK, so there are lot of issues with the Multitronic but just how many? I will be getting a new A6 2.7tdi multi next week. Is it a certainty to fail in the next 3 years / 75,000 miles?

DALTON
10-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Check With The Previous Owner If Something Has Been Done To The Car, Like A New 7 Part Clutch Or Even Better A New Gear Box. ...audio Has Not The Technology They Claim To Have No R The Will To Pay For Their Mistakes.
My Advice Buy A Beemer Or Something Similar!

Crasher
10-04-2008, 07:03 PM
BMW are having as many quality problems as Merc and VAG, in fact the problems Merc has had in Germany have been a national scandal. It is all down to money, or the lack of it.

Anyway Dalton, can you please stop using this forum to berate VAG? We get the message you are extremely angry about the Multichronic problems but enough is enough.

On the subject of brand new cars with Multichronic's, they appear to be fine, it is the DSG that is causing problems now.

masonj
10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Check With The Previous Owner If Something Has Been Done To The Car, Like A New 7 Part Clutch Or Even Better A New Gear Box. ...audio Has Not The Technology They Claim To Have No R The Will To Pay For Their Mistakes.
My Advice Buy A Beemer Or Something Similar!

Dalton, you did not even bother to read my post. It is a NEW A6.

masonj
10-04-2008, 07:44 PM
BMW are having as many quality problems as Merc and VAG, in fact the problems Merc has had in Germany have been a national scandal. It is all down to money, or the lack of it.

Anyway Dalton, can you please stop using this forum to berate VAG? We get the message you are extremely angry about the Multichronic problems but enough is enough.

On the subject of brand new cars with Multichronic's, they appear to be fine, it is the DSG that is causing problems now.

Interesting, I have a Passat with 45000 on it with a DSG and (touch wood) I have had no problems ith at at all. What's the story with the DSG then?

Clinterous
10-04-2008, 07:55 PM
It must have taken you ages to type that post Dalton with the beginning of every word in upper case. Makes it awkward to read!:aargh4:

Crasher
11-04-2008, 10:45 AM
What's the story with the DSG then

Juddering on take off.

DALTON
11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Dalton, you did not even bother to read my post. It is a NEW A6.
sorry, but i did not get any information that audi would have repaired/replaced their defect gear box.... all what they have been announcing for the past 4 moths in magazines are expensive ads with explanations that they will take (still) better care of their customers. whatever that might be!?

DALTON
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM

perhaps crasher, perhaps...but what audi has is not only a quality problem. the fact is that the clutch has been designed to be to weak and until today they have not come with a bettre solution...and believe me they had time enough to do that (almost 10 years)!
no instead they keep on "patching" it and cheat customers in the process...after all a audi you do not get for nothing. if they can brag about their "technological advantage" they should also show it! why should the customers pay so that shareholders at audi they can make profit....did you know that bussiness in spare parts is even more lukrative than building and selling cars!?
no mercy! i wnat value for my money...and you?
chating on this forum and feeling sorry for your selve seems to be enough for you. how about doing something about it and stop wyning?

DALTON
11-04-2008, 12:02 PM
It must have taken you ages to type that post Dalton with the beginning of every word in upper case. Makes it awkward to read!:aargh4:
NOT REALLY, I TIPED IT ALL IN UPPER SCALE BUT THE SERVICE PROVIDER OF THIS FORUM CHANGED IT WHEN I SUBMITED IT.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH YOUR AUDI?

Sam
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
NOT REALLY, I TIPED IT ALL IN UPPER SCALE BUT THE SERVICE PROVIDER OF THIS FORUM CHANGED IT WHEN I SUBMITED IT.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH YOUR AUDI?

Helping people such as yourself with their problems.

CAPS LOCK, as mentioned, is not cool - kindly drop your font to lower case as requested previously

DALTON
11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Helping people such as yourself with their problems.

CAPS LOCK, as mentioned, is not cool - kindly drop your font to lower case as requested previously
YOU SEEM TO BE WORKING FOR VOLKSWAGEN/AUDI TOO.....HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU? IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY PLEASE FIND SOME OTHER "HOBBY".

stuart
11-04-2008, 01:38 PM
YOU SEEM TO BE WORKING FOR VOLKSWAGEN/AUDI TOO.....HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU? IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY PLEASE FIND SOME OTHER "HOBBY".

I have now had enough of your attitude towards other members, so I suggest you take your attitude to another site! Non of us work for, or are assosiated with VAG! you do not want answers to your question, you are just here to annoy others, and that is not acceptable.

Whilst we value every member of this site, we will not hesitate in banning members who cause nothing but trouble so either tone it down, or leave, you are not welcome here.

This matter is now closed!!!!

All future comments please PM me.