PDA

View Full Version : Engine Fan continously on.. A3 2004

jo_sal77
13-03-2008, 11:44 PM
as I can't send any reply response to any private mail on this forum... nor can I add to an exsisting topic... :zx11: might as well start a new topic... apologies to "sabai dee" hope you find this topic and I am not ignoring you!

"sabai dee" asks....
I have the same fault on my 2004 A3. Can you let me know if you got it
sorted and how much please?

---- my response ----

This was in regards to the engine's fan starting at odd times while the engine was off. The fan would run continously until the battery went flat. This was caused by the sensor!

The sensor is built into the fan unit. The fan unit sits clamped behind the radiator unit. It was this plastic fan unit which was replaced as the sensor is built in and is non repairable (so they say). All fixed now it never starts at odd times. Audi has replaced the unit for 450 pounds including time and labour. Had this done by M25 Watford. It was strange as some dealers wanted 2k for the job!

J

Audi A3 (8p) - 2004 - 2.0 TDi S-Line...

sabai dee
14-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Yes found you! Thanks for the info. I went to Audi the other day for the fault to be rectified. In the end it wasn;t done and due to go in next week. They plugged it in for me while I waited and after sheepishly told me to keep an eye on my coolent levels and will see me next week.
I am in 2 minds to try and get a second hand unit and have a go myself or get a local v reliable mechanic to have a go. I like Audis but do not like the attitude of the showroom staff once the car is out of warranty!
Many thanks

Crasher
14-03-2008, 10:46 PM
attitude of the showroom staff once the car is out of warranty!

Sir’s car is three months old; unquestionably Sir would like to buy a new one at this instant? No, you desire a warranty repair? Surely Sir realises that a new Audi makes far more logic than the hassle, pain, grief, irritation, lost time, heartache, depression and suicidal tendencies that dealing with our service department will entail, please sign here Sir, you KNOW it makes sense.

sabai dee
15-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Very true...........
I have an old pug 306 that I am using with 170k on the clock. It has turned out to be the work horse while my Audi is broke on the drive. I wont have another one!