PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Jetta central locking sysetem

westag
12-03-2008, 12:35 AM
I have a 1993 Jetta and I'm having problems with the central locking system.

I lock the drivers door and slowly the other 3 doors lock but the trunk does not but the motor or pump continues to try to lock for 15-20 seconds.

Can I disconnect this so I can lock the doors manualy?

The other problem that I have had is the anti theft. We tried to start the car but did nothing so we got out locked the doors then unlocked the doors and it started right up.

Can the anti theft be shut off?

Thanks Westag

mattijw
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi, i don't know about the anti theft, i don't think we have that in the uk but the locking fault sound like a vacuum leak in the line from the pump to the boot lock (try where it flexes to open and close) the boot, either seal the leak to fix or seal off the pipe at the pump to have just the doors on the locking and the boot by key.

grayh
11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi, i don't know about the anti theft, i don't think we have that in the uk but the locking fault sound like a vacuum leak in the line from the pump to the boot lock (try where it flexes to open and close) the boot, either seal the leak to fix or seal off the pipe at the pump to have just the doors on the locking and the boot by key.

Yup, I had the same in my mk2, the pipe had split going into lock in one of the doors, I removed my door cards, locked the car and listened carefully, soon found the source!