PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Changing Headlight Bulb

mdjsa3
11-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Can anyone help?

Have to change one of my headlight bulbs in my 2007 A3, they are NOT HID's, i tried to have a go at the weekend but it was a bit awkward and i didn't want to break anything by trying to force anything!:confused:
New to the site and i've had a look around the "How to" but have not found one that is for the A3. Has anyone managed to change one on the A3 or know a thread that might help.

Cheers.

navnayyar
18-03-2008, 03:57 PM
changed my headlight couple of months ago with HID's and they're great, but if your not intrested the simply get hold of some new H7 bulbs, pop ur hood, remove the plastic casing at the back of the headlight and simply pull the socket which holds the bulb and it will pop out, simply remove existing bulb and replace with new one, clip bulc and socket into place making sure you get it the right way round until you hear a click to insure it is securely fixed.

mdjsa3
18-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Is it that easy? Managed to get my phone down the back of the opening when i pulled the plastic cap off and took a picture, i can see a plastic socket with the power cables attached to the bulb, i take it you just pull this off, but how do you get the bulb out of the head unit? Is there not a clip holding the bulb in place or do you not have to turn the bulb through 90 deg to release it? Or something like that?

navnayyar
19-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Is it that easy? Managed to get my phone down the back of the opening when i pulled the plastic cap off and took a picture, i can see a plastic socket with the power cables attached to the bulb, i take it you just pull this off, but how do you get the bulb out of the head unit? Is there not a clip holding the bulb in place or do you not have to turn the bulb through 90 deg to release it? Or something like that?

its just like a plug wall socket, pull the bulb holder out which has the bulb attached, pull the bulb out of socket and plug your new bulb in, cant go wrong :beerchug:

drennand
02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
its just like a plug wall socket, pull the bulb holder out which has the bulb attached, pull the bulb out of socket and plug your new bulb in, cant go wrong :beerchug:
Hi there - I'm new to the forum so please excuse any faux pas :-)

i'm about to follow your advice on changing the bulb - is there anything i need to do to ensure that the lights are lined up correctly when i plub in the new bulbs ?

cheers

navnayyar
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
yes, when you pull out the bulb make sure you take note of the direction of the rectanglar pin, it will either be up or down, if you plug it in the wrong way then the light beam will go up, check this against a wall to double check, thanks